Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Advice on hardware- new pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

anderyna

the components i am considering are:

1. ASUS P8H61-M LX INTEL H61 S1155 M/B
2. INTEL CORE I7-3770 PROCESSOR
3. KINGSTON 8GB KVR1333 DDR3 RAM
4. 60GB SSD Mushkin Chrono SATA III
5. Nvidia MSI 430 2GB
6. 1TB HDD

Are they enough to play wii games, not full speed though, just dont crash is enough.

At the moment, before I get my PC, I am using Acer 4830TG laptop, can it run Wii games too?
Quote:INTEL CORE I7-3770 PROCESSOR

3770 or 3770k?

Quote:Are they enough to play wii games?

Depends on which games you plan to play

anderyna

(08-14-2012, 03:01 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:INTEL CORE I7-3770 PROCESSOR

3770 or 3770k?

Quote:Are they enough to play wii games?

Depends on which games you plan to play

My games usually are resident evil, cooking games, mario, fatal frame
A "k" processor provides facilities to overclock required for some games like SMG 1/2, Fatal Frame games, RE series, etc.
Games will be playable (but maybe not full speed) with 3770 though
But you've got the possibility to overlock though, not so high, but you can gain some MHz more. (it's possible if you modify the BCLK)
(08-14-2012, 03:40 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]But you've got the possibility to overlock though, not so high, but you can gain some MHz more. (it's possible if you modify the BCLK)

True Wink
Quote:1. ASUS P8H61-M LX INTEL H61 S1155 M/B
2. INTEL CORE I7-3770 PROCESSOR
What are you going to do primarily with your new PC?
If it's meant for Dolphin and PC gaming only, then you should get a 3570K instead of a 3770K.

As for the motherboard, if you're okay/comfortable with overclocking (which is required for certain, demanding games), you should look into getting a Z77 motherboard.

Keep in mind that the 3570K processors are unlocked, which means you can overclock them if you have a Z77 motherboard.

Quote:5. Nvidia MSI 430 2GB
This GPU is garbage. You want to play the games with a high internal resolution I assume, at 1080P?
What's your budget for a GPU?

Quote:Are they enough to play wii games, not full speed though, just dont crash is enough.
This setup (if changed as suggested), will allow you to play most games at fullspeed without overclocking.
Crashes might happen regardless of your PC configuration.

Quote:At the moment, before I get my PC, I am using Acer 4830TG laptop, can it run Wii games too?
Ofcourse, it depends on which games though.
Refer to the wiki (see sig) and see how similar CPU's fare in these games.
(08-14-2012, 03:49 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]This setup (if changed as suggested), will allow you to play most games at fullspeed without overclocking.

Depends on which games and if he's using LLE or not though Undecided
There's still the little trick with the VBeam + Idle Skipping option Wink This may help when LLE is used.