Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing: Randomly resets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Shad0wSpark

I just downloaded Dolphin yesterday, and I want to thank the people that made it for letting me relive some of my childhood! However, when I play Animal Crossing (GC), the game will randomly reset. The first time it happened, I had been doing some tasks for Tom Nook, when in the other room to watch a sport highlight, came back, and my game had reset. It happened again later last night (I had stopped playing for that duration) and it was while I was talking to Tom Nook coming off the train.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this, besides saving every 5 seconds in fear of the reset coming? Thanks!
Are you using 3.0 or 3.0-xxx (some numbers instead of x's)? Does the game run at 100% speed for you?
Weird issue Undecided. Have you tried to redump your game?

Shad0wSpark

I'm using Dolphin 3.0 win-64, and yes the game runs full speed for me, like normal.

And Vador, no I have not tried that, but probably will if the problem persists.
I guess you should.
Btw are you using any cheat or code that might break the game?

Shad0wSpark

I don't know enough about the Dolphin Emulator to do that. I messed with some setting, but I didn't think they'd have an affect to make the game reset. Maybe I'll just do a fresh re-install of everything.
The game should work fine with Dolphin 3.0 (I can confirm you this) so I guess it might be an issue with your iso.
Starscream mentioned the speed of the game. You said full speed. Is it 100% or over 100%?