Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin the GAMECUBE/wii emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DethWarrior216

ok so i was just going through my games list to see how they ran and i noticed that some Wii games ran better than gamecube games

example: SSBB 1v1 gameplay i get 30-35fps whereas SSBM 1v1 gameplay i get 24-27fps

this was tested on an older version "3286" but with the same settings

just wondering what's wrong
ssbm is a GCM file and not a ISO
Dolphin supports both file formats. Turns out that SSBB was written better then SSBM. so it emulated faster Tongue
(07-06-2009, 02:35 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin supports both file formats. Turns out that SSBB was written better then SSBM. so it emulated faster Tongue
sounds normal as the wii isn't that much better then the gc and ssbb looks alot better
(07-06-2009, 02:35 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin supports both file formats. Turns out that SSBB was written better then SSBM. so it emulated faster Tongue

hmm, now that you say that. If dolphin could modify the ISOs for it to be able to read them better, wouldn't that help increase speed? like turning the power pc (power pc was it that gc operated, right?)coding and stuffs into formats more pc like? or is it illegal to modify the ISO?

gcp111

(07-07-2009, 02:51 AM)BlinkHawk Wrote: [ -> ]coding and stuffs into formats more pc like?

I think the JitIL does something like that, turns the PPC instructions into an IL...
(07-07-2009, 07:40 AM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2009, 02:51 AM)BlinkHawk Wrote: [ -> ]coding and stuffs into formats more pc like?

I think the JitIL does something like that, turns the PPC instructions into an IL...

Yeah but I mean doing it before running the ISO. Like making a PC standard file based on the ISO which would be smoother to load and run. It could support things like changing texture, music and model formats to more legible or structured ways.

gcp111

(07-07-2009, 10:36 AM)BlinkHawk Wrote: [ -> ]more legible or structured ways.

Which would be an IL.
don't you mean ppc to x86?