Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How are these for Wii games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Freakindon

Intel Core i5-3570K @3.4ghz
Asus HD Radeon 7850
8GB DDR3 corsair RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

I'm wondering how well these can run most wii games, more specifically skyward sword.
If you overclock your CPU to 4.2Ghz, almost all games will run very well.
Skyward Sword will work flawlessly with that CPU.
Anything else?
Almost everything will work flawlessly with that CPU Big Grin
Gonna have to start closing these. We all know the 3570k is good for Dolphin and it's becoming redundant to see 10 new threads about them.

Freakindon

Thanks for the replies, and sorry that this has been asked before. I know this isn't the place to do this, but I was wondering what settings I could put Skyward Sword on.

What internal resolution/anti-aliasing/AF would be good with my setup?
The main thread also doesn't mention Scaled EFB copy/per pixel lighting/forced texture filtering.
I know that Skip EFB Access from CPU is supposed to be off, and I have no clue about the EFB copies/External Frame Buffer boxes.
Any suggestions?

I did look at the main thread, it just gives a general idea. I'm trying to go for an optimized quality with my setup. I appreciate any help.
I think your GPU should be able to handle 4x IR, and you can set AF to 16x on just about any modern GPU. At 4x IR, adding AA can be demanding, so play around with it to see if you can handle it. At 4x IR and depending on your display, you might not feel the need for a lot of AA though.

Enable Scaled EFB Copy and Per-Pixel Lighting if your looking to get the most out of the Enhancements tab under the Graphics options. Forced Texture Filtering should probably only be used when 1) it doesn't mess up the game and 2) it fixes or improves something noticeable. It can cause glitches, e.g. Tales of Symphonia dialog boxes are messed up with this enabled. I leave it off on all my games.

Enabling Skip EFB Access from CPU hasn't proven a problem for me, and some issues are solved by having it set. Personally, I leave it on. EFB Copies to Texture is faster and less demanding than EFB Copies to RAM, but EFB Copies to RAM is more accurate and solves a number of graphical issues. It's an area where you trade speed for accuracy, although your computer should easily be able to handle it. EFB Copies to Texture is fine most of the time, but a number of games require RAM. Check the Dolphin Wiki for more info on specific games.

Be aware that some games have per-game settings stored in .ini files that override the your current settings when you start Dolphin. Some games use RAM by default because of this. You can edit the .ini file by right clicking a game in Dolphin, selecting Properties, and choosing the Edit Config button.

The External Frame Buffer (XFB) is better left disabled for many games. There are times when you need it, but only for certain cases. If you ever run into a problem, search the wiki or the forums, or post a new thread if you can't find a solution. We're pretty good at recognizing which settings are needed for which games.