Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Before I order.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this good enough for running the emulator at full speed?

Processor: 1 x Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Mobile Processor (4x 2.3GHz/6MB L3 Cache)-
Memory: 1 x 8GB [4GB x 2] 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM [Laptop Memory]-Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card: 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 1.5GB GDDR5 Video [P151EM1]-
Its really good laptop,but laptops are slower then desktop pc.
So,no,you wont be able to run every game at fullspeed,but you will be able to run a lot of games at fullspeed.
So what would recommended specs be for a desktop? And with these specs, what games would my laptop have trouble with?
It depends on the game.
What games do you want to play?
I was thinking Megaman X: Command Mission, some Super Smash Bros (Both Melee and Brawl), Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Trilogy, and Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.
You wont be able to run metroid trilogy and mario galaxy at fullspeed-but it doesnt mean they wont be playable.
If mobility is not really important,I would suggest standard ( desktop ) pc,not laptop
I am not really good with Desktops honestly, what would be a good one on a $1100 budget?
Thats a lot of money you can have amazing pc.
I can make you exact list of parts if you really need it,but basically it would be for cpu i5 3570k,mainboard with z77 chipset,8gb ddr3 ram,geforce 670 gtx for graphic card,and the rest is up to you ( just make sure you dont buy crappy psu )
I may have to have someone put it together for me at that rate...lol. I am familiar with some of the parts, but no idea how to put an entire Desktop together. Are there any that are pre-built, that have a majority of the parts that you recommend?
Quote:what would be a good one on a $1100 budget?
That's a great budget which will buy you an amazing desktop.
If you were to throw that on a laptop, you would get something mediocre until you add around $700.

Feel free to ask help when you need it.

Pages: 1 2