Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pikmin 2 Wii Cut Sense - Massive Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to play Pikmin 2 for the Wii. I am getting massive lag during cut scenes, but only with the cut scenes and nothing else. Gameplay is at 100% speed.

My settings is the exact same as the wiki page, and I have tried turning off dual core & idle skipping. Neither helped. Also tried Dx9, Dx11, and OpenGL, but neither helped.

3.0-735 [Cut scene lag]
3.0-555 & 3.0-363 [Infamous Nintendo Logo Freeze, turning off sound did not fix the problem]
Specs in the signature
Settings same as this: http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...ance_guide

(08-10-2012, 07:12 AM)lowao Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to play Pikmin 2 for the Wii. I am getting massive lag during cut scenes, but only with the cut scenes and nothing else. Gameplay is at 100% speed.

My settings is the exact same as the wiki page, and I have tried turning off dual core

lol that makes it slower XD
I have read it somewhere in troubleshooting Pikmin 2 for GC, I think. Don't shoot me, shoot the person that suggested it. :p
(07-29-2011, 06:39 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Try to disable dual core you won't lose a lot of speed on this game...
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18211
That was to fix sound not speed :p
Because these two versions [3.0-555 & 3.0-363] wouldn't get pass the infamous nintendo logo. Do you know what the problem is with the lag and version ?3.0-735 during cut scenes?
Have you tried 3.0?

konpie

Try checked "Skip EFB Access from CPU" in Graphics Configuration, probably OK.
It seems like "Skip EFB Access from CPU" has worked, but now the sound is broken.
You should try using LLE audio if you haven't already. It's very accurate (more so than HLE audio) and usually solves most audio issues if your hardware can handle how demanding it is. It looks like you have an i7-2700K, in which case you should be good to use LLE audio without seeing significant slowdowns. You might need to OC, but I think you'll be good for this game if you rely only on Intel's Turbo Boost.

You can find instructions in this thread on how to dump the necessary DSP files Dolphin needs in order to use LLE audio. For most games, the DSP files need to be dumped using a real console, however, some games can use a reversed iROM that was developed. This reversed iROM will only work with Zelda ucode games, and there are only a handful of them. Fortunately, Pikmin 2 is in that list.
I am going to try this right now, I had to find where my Wii were at.
Pages: 1 2