Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: game specfic config files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I discovered that you can use some per-game customization, but there appears to be something even more powerful (per-game config files). I found a thread for configuring each game, but sadly, I still can't get a simple game like "A boy and his blob" to run at more than 45fps no matter what I try.

When people get custom config files to work, couldn't they upload them for everyone else to share? Barring that, what's the best way to get these to work? Should I post in the game specific thread even if it's hundreds and hundreds of posts long?
Quote:When people get custom config files to work, couldn't they upload them for everyone else to share?

We already do. The updates to the .ini files get commited to the master build regularly.

Quote: Barring that, what's the best way to get these to work?

Get what to work?
(08-07-2012, 03:46 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:When people get custom config files to work, couldn't they upload them for everyone else to share?

We already do. The updates to the .ini files get commited to the master build regularly.

Quote: Barring that, what's the best way to get these to work?

Get what to work?

I've been finding that each game requires different settings and the couple that I checked don't seem to have any custom ini files (but I could be wrong about that). I don't want to have to install Dolphin for each game, but I can't see how to set the settings differently for each game.

For example, A Boy and His Blob may play well with one configuration, but then SSBB won't. I realize there are some game-specific settings, but the settings I have to change aren't in those.

A lot of my issue is speed problems. Some are too fast, some are two slow. I just built a brand new computer just for Dolphin so I'm a bit surprised I'm having any slowness issues at all.
What games do you have that don't have an .ini file? And why can't you make one?

If a game is running too fast that means you have the framelimiter turned off for some bizarre reason.
(08-08-2012, 10:24 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What games do you have that don't have an .ini file? And why can't you make one?

If a game is running too fast that means you have the framelimiter turned off for some bizarre reason.

It's not that I don't have an INI file, it's that I don't know how to use it. I assumed they were blanks, but are you saying they're pre-configured for best results per game?

I haven't seen too much running too fast and gamecube games seem to run well so far, but I have issues with odd games. Like Raving Rabbids has this weird ghosting effect and I'm getting video stuttering in Bakugan Battle Brawlers.
Some are preconfigured. Some are just the defaults because nobody has configured them and commited the changes to master yet.
(08-08-2012, 02:44 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Some are preconfigured. Some are just the defaults because nobody has configured them and commited the changes to master yet.

Any guides around for using the ini files to configure settings? Or better yet, is there a way to save the current settings to an ini file?
No, and no.
(08-09-2012, 03:51 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]No, and no.

Well dang. That's going to make this difficult. Can I make a request in the forums for someone's working INI? And if so, do I do that in the existing threads for each game?
Yes and yes.
Pages: 1 2