Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I5 gt 540m
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Drodrigu

Hello,
My configs are:
I5 2450M
6 gb ram
Gt 540 m (video)
Windows 7 (64x)

Is it enough?
I'm running Mario kart with 30 (at beginning) - 60 fps , ~45 average
Donkey Kong - 38-45 , ~41
Smash Bros Brawl 40-50 , with some freezes sometimes
Is it normal? Or i can get it better?

My Dolphin Version is 3.0-735

That's normal, your CPU is not strong enough to handle these game @ fullspeed. To improve the performance, you could try:

* This settings -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618
* the official Dolphin 3.0 release
These performances (60-70% speed) are what you could expect with your processor.
Sorry to revive the post, but I have almost the same PC (well laptop, as this user) but instead I use an Intel Core i7 2630QM 2.00 GHz

The big question is, this CPU is still a bottleneck when playing with Dolphin?

I've done some tests varying from Super Mario games (still not Galaxy, all with correct FPS) but when I tried other games like Ghost Recon and Tron my FPS drops below 30 and it's practically unplayable. I don't really want to play this games but I was testing if the emulator differs from game to game, so the question is, I'm doing something wrong?

More in deep, there is 'something' I could check before playing a game to be sure it would be playable or not?

Thanks for your time!
Dade

PS: All this with the speedup tutorial done of course Smile
What GPU do you have?
What are your settings?
Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i7 2630QM 2.00 GHz
Video Card/GPU: GeForce GT 540M
Memory/RAM: 6 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-750-dirty 64-Bit

Smile

By settings you Mean Dolphin ones? Should I take ss or there is any dump file?

Thx for trying help! Smile
Screenshots are easiest, but it would probably be easiest just to change them to the speed settings linked previously. Also, you won't get fullspeed on many games, especially not super mario galaxy. If you want an idea of how fast a game runs look on dolphin's wiki to see what others with similar hardware get.
I have exactly the same config than the suggested thread except for:
- Fullscreen Resolution : 1024x768 (more resolution = more resources?)
- VSync and Show FPS on, plus usually fullscreen mode on when going to play
- OpenMP Texture is On (I have multiple cores)
- DSP LLE on Thread ON (I read is better if I have multiple cores)
- XAudio2 instead of DirectSound (from another Dolphin guide, the official one, I think it say it's recommended over the DSound, is that correct?)

A little exta question, in case that future releases of Dolphin 'learns' to use more cores should I expect better performance with Dolphin?

Thx very much for your all time, nice community!

Dade

PS: Hadn't figured until now about the games wiki, is great Smile
2.0GHz CPU is too slow for most games , doesn't matter i3/i5/i7 or not
Your only hope is turbo boost . If your CPU does not overheat , turbo boost will raise the clock speed to 2.8GHz when you play dolphin (You should use realtemp to test it >5min)
Make sure dolphin use Nvidia GPU
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=20864
Make sure the internal is set to 1x.

Quote:A little exta question, in case that future releases of Dolphin 'learns' to use more cores should I expect better performance with Dolphin?

No.
Pages: 1 2 3