Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it has been almost 2 years since i used dolphin(mainlly for Zelda WW) and i come back now, but i am at work right now, so i cant test the changes.

the last time i used the dolphin it was on ver 1.0 (dont remeber the exactly release, but was not the main one) and i would to like asking some question about the progress so far

1. Is the sound playing correctly? the last time i played dophin the sound was in the best words, mediocre

2. quick save, and quick load(aka save states) are optmized? I remeber lots of crash involving loading states, that is why i had always have a normal save along with the states

3. there is a "speed up" button, where i can press, and the emulator incress the speed of the game(aka pass the 100% speed), i remeber having a options on the emulator, but that i needed to open the options menu to turn it on, and reopen the options menu to close it

that is all, i love you work guys, and the emulator was good back then probally is even better now

keep it up the good work =)
1. Yep, the sound is pretty good with HLE. If you want the best sound, you have to use LLE (Note: It's very CPU intensive)
2. Savestates should work better, but they're still buggy.
3. Nope. But you can press the "Tab" button Wink
(08-07-2012, 12:25 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yep, the sound is pretty good with HLE. If you want the best sound, you have to use LLE (Note: It's very CPU intensive)
2. Savestates should work better, but they're still buggy.
3. Nope. But you can press the "Tab" button Wink

Thanks for the fast anser Smile

would you mind tell me what the "tab" button do?
(08-07-2012, 12:19 AM)Brule Wrote: [ -> ]1. Is the sound playing correctly? the last time i played dophin the sound was in the best words, mediocre

The sound in games is good for the most part with DSP HLE. If you find games that the sound is not all that great with HLE, you can use DSP LLE and that will resolve most issues. LLE is much slower, though. You would have to dump your dsp_coef.bin and dsp_rom.bin from your GC or Wii for LLE to work, otherwise you'll receive an error if you try to use it. You can search the forum on how to do that.

Quote:2. quick save, and quick load(aka save states) are optmized? I remeber lots of crash involving loading states, that is why i had always have a normal save along with the states

Savestates are better than they used to be, but for best results you're still better off using the real in-game saves.

Quote:3. there is a "speed up" button, where i can press, and the emulator incress the speed of the game(aka pass the 100% speed), i remeber having a options on the emulator, but that i needed to open the options menu to turn it on, and reopen the options menu to close it

Not really. The only real way to increase speed is to overclock your processor or just have a strong enough processor so that it can run the game fast enough. You can also gain some speed if you change some Dolphin settings, but if you have weak hardware that's not going to get you very far.

You should fill out your profile with your PC specs when you get a chance.

(08-07-2012, 12:33 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Not really. The only real way to increase speed is to overclock your processor or just have a strong enough processor so that it can run the game fast enough. You can also gain some speed if you change some Dolphin settings, but if you have weak hardware that's not going to get you very far.

no, no, you got me wrong here, i dont want to incress the speed of the games that are slow, i wanted to know if there is a "fps limit removal" button,

i know that there is a option on the menu for that, i wanted to know if there is a hotkey for that

Thanks for the ansers, and i will update my specs when i get home
ok, i tested the dolphin now, and i must say, I LOVED IT

is so much better than before that seens like it is a completally new emulator

games respond faster than ever, sound is pretty good, save states are working great, so far no crashes with it, and the "Tab" button is the fps removal button i wanted since before 1.0(i even created a topic about it few years ago, if you check my profile)

THANK YOU GUYS, this is awesome

And i updated my signature to show my specs, that is all, again, THANKS FOR THIS GREAT WORK, i love you guys <3