Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black screen problem with a handful of games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LieutenantPie

Hi, I've been using Dolphin for a while, it works extremely well. However, a few games have not been booting at all, I've checked to see if they were bad dumps, but I replaced them like 3 times and it didn't seem to solve anything.

Naturally, I checked the wiki to see if they were playable, and some of them said that Dolphin could run them perfectly. I've tried screwing around with the settings, but to no avail. I can't get past that black screen. Anyone have any idea how to get these to work? Also, please keep in mind that only a few games are not working, there's about 20 other ones that do work.

Kirby Air Ride (GKYE01)
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (GZ2E01)
How are you dumping them? I'd say that it still looks like an issue of bad dumps if you're getting a black screen. It's entirely possible that even dumping them a total of 4 times (once for the first time, three other replacement attempts) that the dumps were bad.

You should try making hashes of your dumps, using an MD5 checksum generator. Other users with the same games (but ones that work) can generate their own hashes, and then the two can be compared. If yours doesn't match up to theirs, the dump is definitely bad. If not, we know to look somewhere else.
There is no reason those games wouldn't work unless the game file/rip was bad.
Yo, I agree with SS and Shonumi. Redump again and verify the ISO.

LieutenantPie

Alright, thanks guys. Now that I know they're just bad dumps, I know I can fix it myself.

Also, slightly related question, I can get quite a few Wii games running at 100% speed, sometimes at 80-90 with all settings on max, but a lot of Gamecube games like F-Zero GX run very slowly even with minimum settings. Any way to fix that?
Overclock your CPU.

F-Zero GX is, for example, one of the most demanding game.