Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to make it 100%?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Faterscag

So i want to play Zelda WW i have it an everything i use Dolphin 3.0
and when i play sometimes i at 30fps 50vps 100% speed then when i get like on beginning island just walking around itll drop to likw 20fps- sometimes if im lucky im above 20 but only to 23 tops when i go in building its fine also for somereason it keeps freezing atleast i think it is like i went and rescued tetra in the top of the begining island were bird dropped her and then my sis gets taken when that cutscene ends it usaly just stays black and never goes on with the game even if i wait like 10+ mins i got past that once but when i went to board the shit after i got the shield it froze again and i just tryd playing not to long ago and it froze before i even got in like when i clicked on file 1 play froze then when loading so is there a way to stop that also is there a way to lock fps and vps so it will stay at 30fps and 50vps so i locked at 100% speed i tried doking the fps limit off but when i enter building im at like 100+ fps and thats too fast i just want it to always be 30fps im fine with the occasional like 28 29 fps sometimes if im in like a big open area but i would prefer running at 30fps all the time
Your CPU is too weak... Only getting a better CPU will fix this issue
That's the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen. Please make use of periods next time and separate your ideas. It's not just for grammar's sake, it honestly makes posts easier to read. At the very least, break up your text, or provide a tl;dr

What are your Dolphin settings? Most likely your game .ini file for WW still has EFB Copies to RAM rather than Texture. The .ini file overrides your current configuration. You need to edit the file.

Garteal Wrote:Right-click on the game in Dolphin, then hit properties.
In the window that pops up, hit edit config, which you can find at the bottom-left of the window.

In the ini file that opens, at the bottom, you should see these three lines:
Code:
EFBAccessEnable = True
EFBToTextureEnable = False
EFBCopyEnable = True
Erase them, save the file, and see if it worked.

For freezing and blackscreen issues, you should probably use LLE audio by setting your DSP emulator engine to LLE Recompiler. Usually you need to dump the LLE files from your game console, but certain games that use the Zelda uCode can make use the reversed iROM files found in this thread. Be warned that LLE audio is more demanding than the default HLE audio, so it might slow you down.

As for getting fullspeed, if your settings are on the lowest, then it's an issue with your hardware. Post you settings so we can see what you've got. With your specs, your CPU specifically, it should be impossible to play this game at fullspeed while using LLE audio, so your going to have problems with WW either way, be it slow speeds or freezes.
games always drop one or 2 FPS, even real consoles, if anything this is accurate behaviour.