Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Desyncing Tales of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Synkronize

So im trying to play the game with a friend but we keep desyncing, We are using the settings from this thread http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18778 (all my comp specs are on my profile). We even got the dsp LLE but the game for me runs much slower using that type audio. We also tried the game in mute which desynced less but still does some times. But who wants to play a game in mute? Another thing we tried was using Cheat engine and using unrandomizer but that still results in desyncing. So any one have any tips or fixes? We are using version 735.
HLE audio is really buggy for this game, since it uses sequenced music, or something like that, so I would imagine desyncs would occur. Your best bet for getting any respectable audio for this game is to use LLE audio, no two ways about it. Without it, the game won't sound very good, period. LLE audio is demanding, and to run this game smoothly, you'll need a CPU that's roughly as good as mine. I can play ToS fine with LLE audio at stock clocks. If you can't upgrade your hardware or OC your CPU, you might be forced to make a choice between poor audio and good speeds, or good audio and slow speeds.

Synkronize

(08-03-2012, 03:36 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]HLE audio is really buggy for this game, since it uses sequenced music, or something like that, so I would imagine desyncs would occur. Your best bet for getting any respectable audio for this game is to use LLE audio, no two ways about it. Without it, the game won't sound very good, period. LLE audio is demanding, and to run this game smoothly, you'll need a CPU that's roughly as good as mine. I can play ToS fine with LLE audio at stock clocks. If you can't upgrade your hardware or OC your CPU, you might be forced to make a choice between poor audio and good speeds, or good audio and slow speeds.

So my cpu is to weak? (running AMD Phenom™ II X4 960T Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0)
Quote:
So my cpu is to weak for LLE
Yep
None of AMD's current offerings can compete with Intel's Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge products when it comes to Dolphin atm. Your Phenom would need to OC a lot just to reach my level of performance at 3.3GHz. Any current Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge chip around that clock should be good enough for this game with LLE audio.

Synkronize

Oh okay thanks I guess ill try HLE some more and if the desyncs keep happening guess we are forced to play on no sound.
...or if you can afford: Buy a new CPU (e.g. the Core i5-3570k) and a new MoBo (Z77). Smile