Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A6-3400M vs. Phenom 9750
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently had someone ask me to install Windows 7 for them on their old Phenom (I) 9750, so while I have the desktop on-hand I figured I'd bench it against my A6-3400M.

Some important information before I post the screenshots:

Laptop specifications:

AMD Llano A6-3400M, quad-core, @2.2GHz with a discrete Radeon HD6650

Desktop specifications:

AMD Phenom 9750, quad-core @2.4GHz with an integrated Radeon HD3200

Dolphin revisions used:

Dolphin 3.0 (official release) 64-bit

Dolphin settings:

Same for both, except the Llano laptop is using 2XIR while the Phenom (I) desktop is using 1XIR. The IR difference does not affect the test at all, the speed was the same with both computers at 1XIR. The fps is uncapped for both.

The rest of the settings are here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

2.2GHz Llano - Wario World

[Image: 89917740.jpg]

[Image: ll2o.jpg]

2.4GHz Phenom - Wario World

[Image: ph2p.jpg]

[Image: 71008662.jpg]

With the first shot, the A6 Llano is only slightly faster, with the second, there is a huge speed difference. Keep in mind the Llano is clocked 200MHz lower than the Phenom. I'll see if I can get a few more games benched before I have to send the Phenom back.

Had to edit the Phenom CPU speed, it was not running at 3.0GHz
The jaggies! they burn my eyes! Rolleyes
Quote:With the first shot, the A6 Llano is only slightly faster, with the second, there is a huge speed difference. Keep in mind the Llano is clocked 200MHz lower than the Phenom. I'll see if I can get a few more games benched before I have to send the Phenom back.

The second shot looks very GPU intensive. I'm almost positive that the desktops IGP is the bottleneck even at 1x IR.
I was quite surprised, the Phenom is actually capable of playing some games well. I don't have time to post any more shots, but Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart Double Dash were running really well.