Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: speed settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi i would like to know wat the best speed settings for dolphin triforce 694 are i tried the settings for best speed but it didnt work to well for me Confused any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
btw my specs are
intel core i3 cpu m370 ghz
4.00 GB ram
64 bit windows operationg system
because your laptop doesn't have a dedicated GPU
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414
Intel HD is painfully slow even if you use lowest settings
(08-02-2012, 10:32 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]because your laptop doesn't have a dedicated GPU
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414
Intel HD is painfully slow even if you use lowest settings

any specific ones u would recommend Smile
You can't do anything with that laptop . If you want a decent GPU , you will have to buy a decent laptop that has dedicated GPU
Just build a desktop , it's much cheaper and easy to upgrade
http://us.ncix.com/products/?minorcatid=1323
link above is gaming laptops

for desktop i would go with amd 7950 for a solid gpu and quite inexpensive for the performance
cpu go for 3570k,of course if you want a cheaper 2gb but older architecture and probably won't be as happy with, the 6950 is good to,and it wont handle enhancements in dolphin as good, like anti aliasing

if they dont seem cheap to you, once you get em you wont be unimpressed for the price. and you will be good for a long time.
That Lenovo Ideapad is a multimedia notebook , not a gaming notebook :/
6950 and 7950 are overkill , someone like him doesn't need them

(08-02-2012, 12:53 PM)twisteddominoes Wrote: [ -> ]can i change my gpu?

Read my post again . The answer is NO
(08-02-2012, 12:56 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]That Lenovo Ideapad is a multimedia notebook , not a gaming notebook :/
6950 and 7950 are overkill , someone like him doesn't need them

(08-02-2012, 12:53 PM)twisteddominoes Wrote: [ -> ]can i change my gpu?

Read my post again . The answer is NO

y isnt it possible
Only Workstation Laptop (2000-5000$) and few heavy gaming laptop have "graphic card"
Dedicated GPU (like Nvidia GT 540M , 650M , GTX 660M) are soldered on the motherboard , you can't replace them unless you change the mobo
Integrated GPU (like Intel HD 3000 , 4000 ) are built inside the CPU
(08-02-2012, 01:11 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Only Workstation Laptop (2000-5000$) and few heavy gaming laptop have "graphic card"
Dedicated GPU (like Nvidia GT 540M , 650M , GTX 660M) are soldered on the motherboard , you can't replace them unless you change the mobo
Integrated GPU (like Intel HD 3000 , 4000 ) are built inside the CPU

can i switch the graphics card then?
admin89 just told you the answer was no twice already. You can't replace the GPU in your laptop; that's not how it was designed. Most laptop GPUs (yours included) are not field replaceable units.
Pages: 1 2