Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker Telescope Hang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

craniumrat

Hi,

I got the latest Dolphin 3.0-735-dirty and I am playing the PAL version of Wind Waker (guess but it's making a GZLP01.xxx save files).

I got to the point where Aryll gives me a telescope, but at that point no keypress works.

I've seen a bug report dated 2008 and it talks about a .ini file fix. I checked the .ini and it has the correct setting in there.

In GZLP01.ini,
$Fix item hang
0x80295654:dword:0x4E800020

How do I play past this point?

Thanks!
CraniumRat.
have you tried LLE? I know it fixes something in this game XD
Update to latest revision of Dolphin and Enable EFB copies to RAM to pass through this scene...
Hmm, I got past it with out using RAM, but then again the .ini auto sets it to use RAM doesn't it?
(08-01-2012, 09:12 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I got past it with out using RAM, but then again the .ini auto sets it to use RAM doesn't it?

Yes, it does, but only on recent revisions... At least for me, the "fix item hang" never fixed anything, and I was able to clear the entire game without it (I purged the entry form the INI, and no problems). About the LLE, it's not really necessary to this game, audio are OK with HLE in about 98% of the game... However, if the HLE audio desyncs during the gameplay, the game will hang when opening chests or during cutscenes (disabling audio throttle helps sometimes)
Quote:At least for me, the "fix item hang" never fixed anything, and I was able to clear the entire game without it

Same here. Useless for me

Quote:About the LLE, it's not really necessary to this game, audio are OK with HLE in about 98% of the game...

You're right. I agree again

Quote:However, if the HLE audio desyncs during the gameplay, the game will hang when opening chests or during cutscenes (disabling audio throttle helps sometimes)

I would even say that it helps very often (with 3.0 at least) Wink

craniumrat

Hi,

I already have the latest version installed 3.0-735-dirty. I tried the EFB copies to RAM (with and without cache enabled) and none of the options work.

I am using the Direct3D9 graphics plugin.

You mentioned that you cleared the game without this setting. Can you post your configuration?

Also, I don't get any sound from the game (except waves in the background...), is it related to the telescope bug? I am not too concerned about the sound really.

Thank,
CraniumRat.
(08-02-2012, 01:33 AM)craniumrat Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get any sound from the game (except waves in the background...), is it related to the telescope bug? I am not too concerned about the sound really.

This indicate an audio issue... Since the telescope event starts a cutscene (and cutscenes hang when you have audio issues in this game) I assume that you have a bad ISO, so try redumping it... When I cleared the game, I used the default Dolphin settings, except that I changed EFB Copies to RAM...
If you can, try the NTSC version of the game instead.
Out of curiosity, why would you ask him to do that?
Pages: 1 2