Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: An Emulator for each game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-20-2012, 11:23 PM)jeremymd Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2012, 07:55 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, no.
We certainly don't want even more noobs running r5174 and complaining about the lack of m+ emulation or missing lighting.

It's also against the forum rules:

I knew that was a major concern why it's against the rules to recommend old builds. Big Grin Total noobs posting all over the forums asking why r3000 isn't working(IS there an r3000?). I know it'd be very irritating to hear people complain about this and that about work that you're doing completely for free.

How about a disclaimer then? Use at your own risk. This build (rxxxx) is only being recommended for game xxxx. Here are the specs of the machine it was used on. Here are the gamespeeds, fps, etc. Here are the bugs you can expect. Do NOT ask for support from the devs on any problems that may arise. You can ask the 'recommender' since he may have found a workaround for that problem already and just forgot to post it.

Now after 100+ hours of game time and you find yourself standing in front of door to the room of the last boss of the game, and opening that door activates an insurmountable bug that neither you or the recommender can figure out, no, you still can't ask for help from devs. Feel free to flame each other. I think 100+ of wasted hours warrants that. Big Grin

People can do that on another forum if they want. Not here.
Technically, we do have a wiki for (roughly) this sort of thing. It's not complete in anyway, but it offers a lot of info. Such a thread would actually be permissible if the builds discussed were 3.0 and above (i.e. all currently supported builds). You'd still run into the problems the wiki has, chiefly that you need lots of volunteers to make it worthwhile. But like delroth said, recommending old builds, not on this site.
Pages: 1 2