Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin for Android?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mihaibest

Hey guys, i was wondering about the possibility to run dolphin on the android os. I think it will be so cool to be able to have this emulator on your mobile phone Smile I dont expect wii games, maybe only gamecube ones. Is it possible, at least on high-end devices with quad-core? What do you think? BTW, great emulator Smile
the possibility of emulating a PPC CPU on a ARM Cortex or other cpu at more than a fraction of a fraction of 1 frame per second.

zero.
(07-30-2012, 07:12 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]the possibility of emulating a PPC CPU on a ARM Cortex or other cpu at more than a fraction of a fraction of 1 frame per second.

zero.

PPC emulation should in theory be a lot more efficient than on x86. ARM and PPC have a lot more in common than PPC and X86. I'm more worried about GPU emulation with the current ARM SoC to be honest..
true, but i was factoring in the OHP throttle that a number of droid phones have been found to have.
Quote:PPC emulation should in theory be a lot more efficient than on x86. ARM and PPC have a lot more in common than PPC and X86. I'm more worried about GPU emulation with the current ARM SoC to be honest..

I think you overestimate the single thread throughput of modern arm cpus, which would easily counteract the lower amount of code.