Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulator causes pc to shut down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xJaySanityx

I just Downloaded this emulator yesterday and i already got a game for it but everytime i play it my computer will just shut down after 5-10 minutes into the game. is there anyway to fix this ? Sad
Quote:When creating new threads about dolphin, always provide a) your PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System, ..) b) information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, ..) c) Dolphin settings d) detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.

AMD and nvidia 2.0GB isn't really helpful

Anyways, is that a laptop or a pc?
Check if it's overheating.
Yep, sounds like overheating for me. Download CoreTemp or RealTemp and check your temps while playing with Dolphin.
If the PC is turning off instantly its most likely overheating and the PC is killing the power to stop it cooking itself.
Check your temps and if they are rather high then its advised you open the case or access pannel(on laptops) and clean all the dust off the fans and heatsink. that will help the PC and most likely solve the overheating issue on a desktop. if you have a laptop it might still do it as cooling on them is rather poor most the time.
(07-27-2012, 02:40 AM)McNuggets89 Wrote: [ -> ]If the PC is turning off instantly its most likely overheating and the PC is killing the power to stop it cooking itself.

Or hardware failure, like the Power supply. If that's the case, can't really tell since some people think it's a good idea to list the name brands of their hardware only.

(07-27-2012, 02:52 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Or hardware failure, like the Power supply. If that's the case, can't really tell since some people think it's a good idea to list the name brands of their hardware only.

^ This

So pls post your PC specs @OP

yay, 2.600 posts

(07-27-2012, 02:52 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2012, 02:40 AM)McNuggets89 Wrote: [ -> ]If the PC is turning off instantly its most likely overheating and the PC is killing the power to stop it cooking itself.

Or hardware failure, like the Power supply. If that's the case, can't really tell since some people think it's a good idea to list the name brands of their hardware only.

That could also be the case but the effects of a bad PSU can vary mine caused the PC to blue screen when under load, it could also be possible that his PSU cannot supply the power to the hardware withing his pc.

so yeah listing his full specs would help