Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker weird white line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I use anti-aliasing with wind waker it creates a white trapezoid on link.
[attachment=8040]

It's more noticeable at a lower internal resolution. (it doesn't look like a trapezoid in the screenshot because there is only part of it in each frame.)
[attachment=8039]

If I turn on "disable per-pixel depth" the trapezoid goes away...
[attachment=8041]

...however this causes the water textures to flicker at certain angles. Does anyone know a way to get around this? I've tried efb to ram but it didn't make the trapezoid go away.

I'm using 3.0-633 ICC build by DefenderX

Here are my settings
[attachment=8042]
[attachment=8043]

Also the same thing happens with OpenGL CSAA
With D3D9's SSAA this doesn't happen but my GPU isn't strong enough to use it.

Thanks in Advance.
Quote:With D3D9's SSAA this doesn't happen but my GPU isn't strong enough to use it.

This is not correct. Use Direct3D9 and just set the IR to 4x + AA to None.
(07-25-2012, 06:12 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:With D3D9's SSAA this doesn't happen but my GPU isn't strong enough to use it.

This is not correct. Use Direct3D9 and just set the IR to 4x + AA to None.

I meant my GPU isn't strong enough to use SSAA. I figured I'd end up doing this. I was thinking about recording a playthrough and just wanted to make sure I had the highest quality my build could handle, however 4x IR is definitely good enough.
For me dolphin 3.0 doesn't show this artifact, have you tried the 3.0 stable version?
(07-26-2012, 01:40 AM)dEnigma Wrote: [ -> ]For me dolphin 3.0 doesn't show this artifact, have you tried the 3.0 stable version?

I just tested it and they are still there.
[attachment=8049]

You probably were not using AA or had "disable per-pixel depth" turned on which causes the water textures to flicker.
That's an inherent problem of MSAA and can't be fixed. There's nothing either you or devs can do about it, really.