Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pre-assembled water cooling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which is the best?

I looked on newegg and I saw the H80, but it is $104. Is there a real difference between it and something like the Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid Cooling System?

Maybe even the Thermaltake WATER2.0?

My main question is if there are any real differences of these between the H80
Yes, the H80 is a better system then either of those. However you'll get a lot more bang for your buck if you buy a high end air cooler instead of a low end watercooler.
Why exactly is the H80 better? In technical terms, i don't see a difference. I don't quite understand why air is better than entry level water. Are you talking about coolers like the noctua dh14?
Quote:Why exactly is the H80 better? In technical terms, i don't see a difference.

Better heat dissipation therefore lower temperatures under load.

Better temperatures = better cooling

Quote:I don't quite understand why air is better than entry level water.

Same reason as above, they perform better.

Quote:Are you talking about coolers like the noctua dh14?

Yes that's a good one.
Another question: i plan to oc my 2500k to 4.5ish GHz would I be able to get away with using something like the hyper 212 EVO? I'd be down for getting something a little more costly, but not so much as $80. any recommendations for a cooler less than $50?
The Thermalright HR-02 Macho is a very good CPU cooler.
Quote:Another question: i plan to oc my 2500k to 4.5ish GHz would I be able to get away with using something like the hyper 212 EVO? I'd be down for getting something a little more costly, but not so much as $80. any recommendations for a cooler less than $50?

All of the information that you will ever need is here: http://www.frostytech.com/
Ok, what would happen if I got another fan for push pull? Would it cool even better?
Slightly, yes.
Quote: i plan to oc my 2500k to 4.5ish GHz would I be able to get away with using something like the hyper 212 EVO?
Easily. There's no need to spend $60 or higher for a CPU cooler when a 212+/EVO can easily bring you to 4.5GHz.
Personally, I'd recommend the Gelid Tranquillo Rev 2 if you can find it in your country. It's much better than the 212+/EVO, and can get you up to 5GHz if you've got decent/good airflow.
It's also smaller than the EVO or Macho.
Pages: 1 2