Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How well can my PC run these games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before buying a new PC I want to know how well the spec would run these games on dolphin in 1080p

SMG1&2
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword
NMH 1& 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
Kirbys Epic Yarn
Kirby Return to Dreamland
DKR

The spec of the PC are
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
Corsair XMS3 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

Also any upgrades to these spec to make dolphin run better?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
OC that cpu and you'll do just fine.
That's a great rig for Dolphin.
You should be able to run all the mentioned games fullspeed mostly.
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 require you to use LLE in order for the audio to work correctly, and to pass certain levels without crashing/black screening.
LLE will slow you down a lot, but you should be able to keep yourself well over 60FPS most of the time.
For the best results, I'll advice you to get yourself a 3rd party CPU cooler and overclock that thing to 4.xGHz.

The GTX6xx GPU's have some driver issues which make them not work correctly with Dolphin.
Raising your IR to x4 doesn't seem to get the card out of its idle state.
You can create a profile in the NVIDIA CP, in combination with raising the AA, etc, to force it to exit its idle state.
You can read more about that here.

Check my sig for how to dump your DSP from your Wii, which you need for LLE to work.
It will work just fine. You'll need to overclock for the most demanding games such as SMG 1/2 and Xenoblade (above all if you're using LLE)
Vador Wrote:You'll need to overclock for the most demanding games such as Xenoblade
Nah, stock clocks will let you play Xenoblade at fullspeed throughout the whole game.
The only game where he'll need an overclock is probably the SMG1&2 games.
(07-25-2012, 10:21 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]stock clocks will let you play Xenoblade at fullspeed throughout the whole game.

Do you mean thanks to his 3570K? In that case I can't wait for getting this beast Wink
Yeah, with a 2500K/3570K at stock clocks, you should be able to play the whole game at fullspeed.

Would I get better FPS from a Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz (Sandybridge-E) Socket LGA2011 Processor and if so how much by?
nope.

Be content with 3570K. It's just the good choice Big Grin