Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Harvest Moon Magic Melody Graphic Glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pixelkris

Hi guys!

I'm new to using Dolphin and most emulators in general. I've been wanting to play the Magic Melodies game for Harvest Moon for a while and I couldn't find it in stores near me, so I decided to use an emulator.

The issue I'm having is that when I start up Dolphin and run the .gcm, I can't see any of the graphics. I manage to get past the intro screens and the "New Game", "Continue Game", "Options" and such, but after that, everything seems black. After that I'm able to pick my birth season, gender, etc, and then some speech bubbles pop up, but there are absolutely no graphics at all, it's completely black.

I've included this screenshot to show what I mean:
[Image: 2a0dx15.jpg]

I've read a few other topics about disabling AA and such, but it was disabled by default. I believe I'm running the 32-bit, 3.0 Version of Dolphin. Thanks for reading and any help you can give is greatly appreciated!
Post your Dolphin settings, particularly your graphical settings. Click on the Graphics button in Dolphin and tell us what you have set in the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs.

You should also search around first too before making a new thread. We have a wiki that is fairly good for some games. The problem may be described here, so try disabling Ignore Format Changes. Note, you can't disable that option in OpenGL, so you'll have to use DX9 or DX11.

Pixelkris

Oh, my apologies. I wasn't understanding the OpenGL bits and after a bit of experimenting and such, I finally managed to find the Ignore Format Changes and deselect it. I wasn't aware there was a Wiki I could go to, but I did try to search around on the forums. If I have any other problems in the future, I'll be sure to search more extensively. Thank you for your help!