Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Good config, bad results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

navy72

Hello,

So here's my config :

CPU: i5 460m @ 2.8 ghz (Yes it's overclocked)
GPU: GT425m 1go
RAM: 4go DDR3
Lastest build of dolphin (3.0-733)

I think my config is good enough to run games like MK Wii or Wii Sports at full speed without fancy things like anti-alias or enhancing the resolution ...

But I've got 25 fps in MK Wii in race ><

So, experts here ?
Thanks !
(Sorry, my english is a little bit rusted !)
That GPU is kinda slow, what resolution are you playing at?

1st - Try to use the official Dolphin 3.0 release
2nd - Try this settings -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618
3rd - Try to overlock your CPU even more.
4st - Reduce the Internal Resolution to 1.5x or 2x.
1) Install Realtemp then check CPU clock speed when running Dolphin
2) Make sure Dolphin use Nvidia GPU , not the Intel HD garbage (Use "Nvidia Inspector" to check GPU load )

navy72

I play full screen at 1366x768 at native resolution !

I will try the original 3.0 release ^^

And I Have selected my Nvidia GPU, and yes my overclock is just a software-overclock ( MSI turbo button on the FX 603) but I Have checked with everest, it's good !
(07-24-2012, 02:00 AM)navy72 Wrote: [ -> ]I play full screen at 1366x768 at native resolution !

I will try the original 3.0 release ^^

And I Have selected my Nvidia GPU, and yes my overclock is just a software-overclock ( MSI turbo button on the FX 603) but I Have checked with everest, it's good !

Half-speed in Mario Kart? Weird. Try Dolphin 3.0 AND use default settings. You'll adjust them after

navy72

I've tried with dolphin 3.0 x64 and the "Ultimate speed config"

It ran at 45-60 fps ... It depends of how many players are behind me ...
(07-24-2012, 02:20 AM)navy72 Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried with dolphin 3.0 x64 and the "Ultimate speed config"

It ran at 45-60 fps ... It depends of how many players are behind me ...

This is what you could expect. With your CPU (even overclocked) 70% speed is a good performance

navy72

Okay, thank you Smile