Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [RESOLVED] Unable to save Config, Graphics, and GCPad settings !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cagt3000

Hello,

Before anyone asks, I had already tried to post this on a previous thread, but because of some glitch, it would change my message to "undefined" !

I was using Google Chrome. Now that I'm using Firefox, it works ! So if you see my previous closed thread, just ignore it, because it just says "undefined"

Anyways, here's my problem.

Whenever I make any changes in the Config or Graphics tab, the changes stay while Dolphin is open, but whenever I close Dolphin, they just reset to default !

As for the GCPad tab, Any changes I make automatically resets to default whenever I close the GCPad window ! I also cannot save any profiles what so ever !

I'm trying to use an Xbox 360 Afterglow controller. I'm able to change the buttons to my likings of course, but it just won't save it !

Any suggestions ? My OS, Specs, and Dolphin version are down in my signature...

Thanks in advance !
Sounds like Dolphin can't write to the necessary configuration files. Where is Dilphin located on your computer? Make sure you've extracted Dolphin to somewhere you have the proper file permissions. You might also want to see if you can run Dolphin as an admin.

cagt3000

Dolphin's located in Program Files (x86), where I usually put all my programs. I know I have proper permissions in that folder, but I'll check again.

And yes, I am able to run Dolphin as an admin (which I'm actually doing, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem)
Take it out of Program Files. I'm not a Windows user, but I've seen this problem happen to a couple of people before. Put in something like C:\Dolphin, My Documents, or whatever.
Yes I second Shonumi. Put your Dolphin folder in Users/UserX/Documents (or just Users/UserX) rather than Program files

cagt3000

Problem solved !

You were right about changing the directory. All I did was move it to My Documents, and it worked Big Grin

Thanks you guys Smile

agalt

im trying to play pokemon XD but it goes really slow so I tried to change the config and what not I watched a video on what to change but when I try to save them it says that it cannot save in a warning message when I opened the config thing and closed it one saying I cannot create and one saying I cannot save anyone know how to fix this. and sorry for the spelling and what not
(09-07-2013, 01:11 PM)agalt Wrote: [ -> ]im trying to play pokemon XD but it goes really slow so I tried to change the config and what not I watched a video on what to change but when I try to save them it says that it cannot save in a warning message when I opened the config thing and closed it one saying I cannot create and one saying I cannot save anyone know how to fix this. and sorry for the spelling and what not

How hard can it be to split things into multiple sentences?