Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Raising the FPS for monster hunter tri?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RRBender1

My Specs
Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II x4 970 3.50 GHz
8 GB of ram
AMD Radeon HD 6670

I run in 1920x1080 fullscreen resolution
auto(window size) internal resolution
no AA and 1x Anisotropic Filtering and scaled EFB copy.

I usually range from 20-32 fps. It slows down whenever there are monsters or in village.
Its really ruining this great game.
I have tried putting all the setting down. lowest resolution and everything and i get the fps as when i have them on these settings. Why wont anything affect the fps?
Any help would be appreciated.
1st - Try to use the official Dolphin 3.0 release
2nd - Try the settings for best speed: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618
3rd - Best solution: Overclock your CPU if you have a decent CPU cooler (stock cooler is crap)
Use this build - r7483 .
Use OpenGL.

Start GPU-Z during playing, and then post here max GPU LOAD that was reached.
Please, don't recommend old builds. The official Dolphin 3.0 release is just fine.

Quote:Old Dolphin builds: People are free to use any build that they like, but we do not recommend the use of builds older than the official 3.0 release for a number of reasons. Older builds have many more game issues and have missing features that are fixed by using the latest official release or the current Git master build. We ask that you please do not recommend that forum members use old and unsupported builds since they will most likely cause more harm than good.

RRBender1

Thank you for the replies. I have tried steps 1-2 but still same
I will try to overclock. I have a liquid cooler that i recently bought.
An OC is probably the only way you'll get more FPS anyway. You mentioned that setting the graphical enhancements to the lowest makes no difference in speed, so this indicates that your CPU is the bottleneck, not you GPU. Just make sure you keep things stable and cool when you try to OC.