Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rar file inside rar file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

erratus

This is probably going to be something stupid, but when I first got my gamecube games onto my computer, they were winrar files. I extracted them, to find another winrar file inside. This one could not be extracted, it would just say that it is empty. Confused, I tried to see if Dolphin would open this odd winrar file. It did, and it played fine. Still completely confused, I didn't care, I had my game, I was happy. Most of my games ended up being like this, with two of them be gcm files. All played fine. However, my Zelda: Wind Waker game has a grey scene issue. I've read how to fix this, but it involves right clicking on the game from the Dolphin menu. However, I cannot seem to get it into the dolphin menu since it is a rar file, not an iso. Not sure if this is common (I would think so, most of my games are like this), but more to the point, I can't seem figure out what to do. Again, the games seem to run fine regardless of if they are a winrar file or a gcm file.
How did you dump your games? Most softwares like cleanrip should give you the option of ripping into various formats or read here on how to dump properly

erratus

(07-22-2012, 04:21 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]How did you dump your games? Most softwares like cleanrip should give you the option of ripping into various formats or read here on how to dump properly

I have a friend do it. They might not be too tech savvy either and just showing off, but they work. Anyway, I feel like a derp, knew it was something stupid. Apparently you select the folder the game is in, and not the game itself. Feel free to delete this or put resolved on it. I feel stupid, going to go to bed now. Night, and thanks for being there.