Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WWE games not loading textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there, I'm not new to the Dolphin emulator but have just signed up. I thought I would test out version 3.0-721 [64 Bit] for WWE Day of Reckoning 1 & 2 which now both work. This is really great for us wrestling fans and also modders of No Mercy as we can now mod another game.

So I started to dump textures for WWE Day of Reckoning 2 which they did fine and placed them into here

Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-721\User\Load\Textures\GW2E78

I edited one texture and booted it up in-game and notice it didn't change. So I tested out a couple of more textures which I had the same result.

So I thought I would test WWE Day of Reckoning 1 to see if this would work. Again, the game was fine apart from body textures being darker than the rest of the wrestlers body's. But I had the same result again. The same also happened for WWE WrestleMania XIX and also WWF WrestleMania X8 (Later released again as WWE WrestleMania X8). But custom textures would work on created wrestlers on WWF WrestleMania X8 but not in-game wrestlers.

The same kinda happened for WWE 12 where custom textures would work, but not on one wrestler. I don't have any Idea why this is happening, but I'll post images of my settings to see if those could be causing problems even though I have switched around numerous of times.

[Image: 34ox2mg.png]
WWE WrestleMania XIX will load textures now on in-game wrestlers, but a small problem happens. Two textures for each part dump, one being the actual texture and another one which helps lighten certain areas for that body part. I edited Kanes face texture and edited the light texture, but if you edit the light texture, in-game half of the face is now pink.

As an example, I was updating Kanes mask. Left on is the in-game texture whilst the right one is the custom texture.
[Image: m90sc0.png][Image: 244qp8y.png]

Below is when using custom "light2 textures.

Using Default Light Texture
[Image: 33249b5.png]
[Image: 2rpboms.png]

Using Custom Light Texture
[Image: 20q1bac.png]
[Image: 671owi.png]

So current problems with wrestling games

WWF WrestleMania X8 (Later released as WWE WrestleMania X8) - GameCube
Custom textures on in-game wrestlers not loading.
WWE WrestleMania XIX - GameCube
Custom light textures causes problems.
Create a wrestler textures are messed up.
WWE Day of Reckoning - GameCube
Some bodyparts are a darker shade than they should be.
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 - GameCube
WWE 12 - Wii
Custom textures on some in-game wrestlers not loading.

I understand that these may not get fixed or it could be with my settings, but atlease these problems are known.
Yo, that pink texture problem probably gets fixed if you fix the light map according to what the game expects. There's probably some color overflow bug in the game which restricts your choice of light maps.
Fix the light maps on the actual texture, or within the emulator? I'm usually not bad at figuring things out configuration wise for emulators, but I'm stumbled on this.
Fix the light maps on the actual texture, there likely isn't anything that can be done to fix it in the emu because the bug lies in the game itself.
Still the same. It even occurs when the texture is transparent.
Well, what happens if you do enable custom textures but you just place the dumped texture (unmodified) in the custom textures folder?
Placing default textures in the custom texture folders work fine. You can edit the face texture and it will work, its just when you edit the light map texture that this starts to happen.
Ok an update. If you change EFB copies from Texture to RAM. Caws work in WWE Day of Reckoning and WWE Day of Reckoning 2. However, once in a match the FPS start to drop. But you can change the EFB copies back to Texture once the match has started and you will have 60FPS. So pretty much use RAM then change to Textures once the match has started.

Still no fixes to the lightmaps trying different settings and textures. And Custom textures will not load on in-game wrestlers on WWE Day of Reckoning and WWE Day of Reckoning 2.

Also, this is what I was refering to with darker textures on all wrestlers in WWE day of Reckoning.
[Image: 1o4lk6.png]

Lastly, nothing to do with any of the games, but which Backend option is the best overall (Not for my computer, in general)? I would of thought DirectD311.
In general, the DX9 backend is the fastest, followed by DX11 and then OpenGL. I think OpenGL tends to be more accurate though (e.g. fewer graphical issues). This all will vary from game to game, so it's best to play around with each to see which is faster or which gives you fewer problems.
Pages: 1 2