Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Kirby 20th Anniversary Freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi i'm french, in my Wii the games runs great, but 480p...And when i use dolphin i need to set OpenGL, only opengl. But the problem is i can't run the 6 retro games ! when i select one, dolphin freeze :O Why ??
i have tested all the option in config or graphical !

Thanks You !
1st - Pls be more specific. Which games exactly?
2nd - Pls provide more information. Which Dolphin revision? Which specs has your PC? Which Dolphin settings?
3rd - Before creating a new thread, you should have read this: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/announcements.php?aid=6
The game is Kirby 20th Anniversary ! the games runs, but when i choose the retro game (gameboy to N64) dolphin freeze !
i have tested the last version of dolphin, the 3.0, the 2.0 and some others version ! and same problem !
with dolphin i can runs skyward sword en 1080p 60FPS, so i think my config is good (E8400 @4Ghz, 4Go DDR2, HD6970) alls games runs very fast !
Even if you think your config is good, post your settings so we can help you. Click on the Config button and look at the General tab. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. Tell us what options you have.

Also, keep in mind that Kirby 20th Anniversary is a fairly recent release, so there probably isn't a lot of information about it right now or what problems Dolphin users might encounter.
on Graphics option y have tried everything, one par one (OpenGl, Direct3D9 and 11 !) and the challenge mode works great, but the retro mode freeze ! and the history mode works great but ONLY with OpenGL !! and in the original wii, all runs great, juste need the last D2X cios for lauching the retro games ! maybe is a way to resolve this probleme...idk !
(07-22-2012, 03:23 AM)zouiguipopo Wrote: [ -> ]maybe is a way to resolve this probleme...idk !

There's still little we can do to help you without knowing your settings. You can say that you've "tried everything" but that really gives us no idea what settings you've actually tried. Just tell us what you currently have set; there may be something you overlooked or didn't consider.
okay, so In General (i'm french so it's french) : OpenGl then 1280x720 and NOTHING actived
in Ameliorations : Auto , none , 1X and none and just sclaed EFB copy actived ! (dolphin 3.0 191)
in Hacks First is actived and Second too (opengl) EFB in texture
Texture cache is on texture
buffer need to be on Virtual
and in others there juste mimpas actived and pixels
in avanced, nothing actived !

Thanks to try to help me Big Grin
Screenshots of your settings would've been more convenient

Quote:i need to set OpenGL, only opengl

Why?

Quote:buffer need to be on Virtual

Why?
why ? because if is direct3D i can't run the "history" mode !! and if in openGL i dont select Virtual, the "History" mode are glitched ! i can make some screen if you want ! i make screen but it's full black x) no i can run with direct3D but in direct 3D and OpenGL i need to set VIRTUAL if not there is black screen in the "history" mode (the third)

aireca

The game needs "Japanese" on the Wii Sytem Language Settings, then it will run up to the menus.

The game is multiboot, that's why does not work besides the menus,
like those GC demos/previews discs, it's the same thing/problem,
multiple dol, one per virtual console game (kby1.dol, kby2.dol, kby3.dol, etc..)

Anyway those games are just already existing Virtual Console Games "copy/paste", pretty much pointless to play on Dolphin

the only thing interesting is the challenge mode & that works
Pages: 1 2