Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade Chronicles - 3x IR vs 4x IR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't tell if there's a tiny performance hit going from 3x to 4x IR while playing Xenoblade Chronicles using this build Dolphin-3.0-508-gf30aebf_XBHLE31_PresRes_L102_x64_ICC.8.

While I seem to be able to maintain about the same FPS between 3x and 4x, I feel like there are slightly more jerks when playing with 4x IR.

I'm not sure if it's just my CPU coincidentally bottlenecking more when I use 4x IR, or if 4x IR is really just causing a bit more jerks in gameplay.

Is there any way to know for sure?
It's simple . Your GPU does not meet the requirement for 4x IR
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414
Nvidia GTX 570M is powerful enough for 4x IR (Memory Bandwidth : 72GB/s)
Your GPU should only be able to handle x3 IR, so you should get a drop when you set it to x4.
Try turning the FPS limit off or hold down TAB to temporarily turn it off to see what your maximum framerates are.
(07-21-2012, 09:33 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]It's simple . Your GPU does not meet the requirement for 4x IR
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414
Nvidia GTX 570M is powerful enough for 4x IR (Memory Bandwidth : 72GB/s)

Ha. okay thank you! While I wish I could just end this thread. I did somewhat overclock my GPU. While I don't have too much knowledge of how this stuff works, my bus width after the overclock is 76.8 GB/s. Is my GPU still the reason or am I just being overly sensitive about this jerk. Any answer is fine. Thank you!

(07-21-2012, 09:33 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Your GPU should only be able to handle x3 IR, so you should get a drop when you set it to x4.
Try turning the FPS limit off or hold down TAB to temporarily turn it off to see what your maximum framerates are.
Maximum FPS for 3x and 4x were both 38 FPS during a battle and they fluctuate about the same.

So, I'm concluding that I'm just being overly sensitive about frame rates?
Quote: Maximum FPS for 3x and 4x were both 38 FPS during a battle and they fluctuate about the same.
And where exactly in the game is this? Colony 9?
The grasslands areas etc aren't very geometry heavy. You should your your FPS in towns and areas further in the game while fighting monsters or just running around.

Oh, what resolution do you play at?
Overclock memory bandwidth ?
I've never heard something like that
(07-21-2012, 09:48 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Maximum FPS for 3x and 4x were both 38 FPS during a battle and they fluctuate about the same.
And where exactly in the game is this? Colony 9?
The grasslands areas etc aren't very geometry heavy. You should check your your FPS in towns, and areas further in the game while fighting monsters or just running around.

Oh, what resolution do you play at?

I tried this at Valak Mountain. I'll try it in a town though.

I play at 1920x1200 (but I think it's really 1920 x1080 considering it has the black lines).

(07-21-2012, 09:49 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Overclock memory bandwidth ?
I've never heard something like that
hrmm. Maybe I'm missing something. But here are some pictures:
[Image: 2qk31v4.png][Image: aww1tw.png]
Are you at Valak Mountain in the game, or further?
The areas (not all) that come after this location are more geometry heavy.

Quote:I play at 1920x1200 (but I think it's really 1920 x1080 considering it has the black lines).
Set the aspect ratio to stretch, it'll get rid of the black lines.
(07-21-2012, 09:52 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Are you at Valak Mountain in the game, or further?
The areas (not all) that come after this location are more geometry heavy.

Quote:I play at 1920x1200 (but I think it's really 1920 x1080 considering it has the black lines).
Set the aspect ratio to stretch, it'll get rid of the black lines.

I tried Colony 9, Sword Valley, and the Fallen Arm. Still got around the same FPS for both (34-41 FPS) and they both fluctuate the same. This is as far as I got.

Stretched doesn't look as good. Some things are a bit off like the arrow pointing towards your destination.

I'm seriously thinking I'm just being overly sensitive now. >_>
I see . No wonder why Nvidia Inspector show my Asus 9800GT : 64GB/s instead of 57.6GB/s
Pages: 1 2