Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario TTYD Graphic Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MithosX7

Hi there!

I just played Paper Mario TTYD and learned the ability to transform into an airplane and the ability to turn 90 degrees so I can walk through thin walls. WHen this happens Mario and his partner become invisible while in the middle of the screen they are 200% bigger showing weird colors. Does anyone has to issue to? How to fix it?

Also sometimes the background music stops playing. How to fix this?

Thanks!
settings? Dolphin revision? Pls provide more information, thx.
Quote:When creating new threads about dolphin, always provide a) your PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System, ..) b) information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, ..) c) Dolphin settings d) detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.

What DefenderX said, we need your settings. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. Those should be the most relevant graphical settings for your problem.

For the audio, you might need to use LLE audio. This is more accurate, yet more demanding on hardware. You have to dump the appropriate files first from your console. There's a guide in this thread explaining how to do it. Note, do not use the reversed iROM in the link I posted. That only works with a limited number of games, TTYD is not one of them.

MithosX7

You can see my specs when you click on my username. I use the 3.0 revision and haven't change anything yet in the graphic settings

@up I don't play Paper Mario on my Wii but on my laptop so I guess that guide won't help me much. The guys says if you do not own a Wii use the iRom but you say dont use the iRom. I'm a little confused now Tongue
(07-21-2012, 05:25 AM)MithosX7 Wrote: [ -> ]You can see my specs when you click on my username. I use the 3.0 revision and haven't change anything yet in the graphic settings

@up I don't play Paper Mario on my Wii but on my laptop so I guess that guide won't help me much. The guys says if you do not own a Wii use the iRom but you say dont use the iRom. I'm a little confused now Tongue

Paper Mario is not a ucode game. That's why you can't use it
(07-21-2012, 05:25 AM)MithosX7 Wrote: [ -> ]You can see my specs when you click on my username. I use the 3.0 revision and haven't change anything yet in the graphic settings

It's alright to have specs in your sig or profile if you don't feel like posting them. Just remember next time to include Dolphin revision (your profile says "current", but 3.0 isn't the latest build available, though it's the last official release) and be sure to mention that your settings are the default as well, since that's easy enough to figure out.

Quote:@up I don't play Paper Mario on my Wii but on my laptop so I guess that guide won't help me much. The guys says if you do not own a Wii use the iRom but you say dont use the iRom. I'm a little confused now Tongue

LLE audio is used for Dolphin, not your Wii. To use LLE you need some specific files from your console. These DSP files contain info Dolphin needs to emulate GC/Wii sound as accurately as possible. The files are protected under copyright, so that's why you have to dump them from your own console. The real DSP files work with every game

The reversed iROM acts like real DSP files (it was reverse engineered) but only works for a limited number of games, and TTYD isn't one of them. The iROM is a method for people without Wiis to enjoy LLE audio for games like Wind Waker, or Super Mario Sunshine (these games process sound with Zelda ucodes). The real DSP files, however, work with every game regardless of the ucode it uses.

Read more about LLE audio on the Dolphin Wiki. In short, it it'll give you better sound if your CPU can handle it.

(07-21-2012, 06:33 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Paper Mario is not a Zelda ucode game.

ucodes (microcodes) are the bits of code that run on the DSP. Not processing ucodes would mean not processing any sound :p
Try the latest Revision which has support for BBox needed for Paper Mario.