Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: zelda WW req?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bil3336

is my computer good enough to run zelda WW consistently at 30 fps? ive been playing a little but it seems to slow down quite a bit and was wondering if my pc could even handle it
intel core 2 duo E7500 @2.93 Ghz @ 2.93 Ghz ( i guess this means it has 2 cores?)
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT
4GB of ram (3.24 usable)
dolphin 3.0 32 bit
windows 7 32 bit
and i dont really know how to mess with the config so any help would be appreciated, i have tried to listen to other who say theirs run at 30 fps all the time and that dosent seem to be the case with mine...
overclock your CPU if you can, i did with mine core 2 duo e8400 3ghz(stock speed) and i got a decent performance boost, only really ever get slowdown in the great sea.

i think yours is a little bit lower than the E8400 but i could be wrong
Quote:is my computer good enough to run zelda WW consistently at 30 fps?

Yes. Next time post this in the game thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...0&page=219

Set efb copy to texture then do this:
Quote:Right-click on the game in Dolphin, then hit properties.
In the window that pops up, hit edit config, which you can find at the bottom-left of the window.

In the ini file that opens, at the bottom, you should see these three lines:
Code:
EFBAccessEnable = True
EFBToTextureEnable = False
EFBCopyEnable = True
Erase them, save the file, and see if it worked.

bil3336

(07-20-2012, 07:12 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:is my computer good enough to run zelda WW consistently at 30 fps?

Yes. Next time post this in the game thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...0&page=219

Set efb copy to texture then do this:
Quote:Right-click on the game in Dolphin, then hit properties.
In the window that pops up, hit edit config, which you can find at the bottom-left of the window.

In the ini file that opens, at the bottom, you should see these three lines:
Code:
EFBAccessEnable = True
EFBToTextureEnable = False
EFBCopyEnable = True
Erase them, save the file, and see if it worked.

it seems to help keep the fps at least 24fps and up but it seems to sit at 24/25 most times or when looking at areas with more detail like buildings etc, is their somthing i can do to make it even better? i may have messed up the config from listening to other poeple could you suggest a god setup like anti aliasing and things like that? im not sure if that makes a difference or not, and next time i will go to the other sections thanks
Try 2.5x IR and no SSAA.