Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it my PC or do I have to change settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TestingForCake

Intel Quad Core Q8300, 2.5GHz
8 GB RAM
64 Bit
NVIDIA GeForce G210

I only have Zelda Wind Waker installed and I've been playing that, but its been lagging. What settings should I turn off in config/graphics to make it run smoother? Or is it just my PC Specs? It says its running at 100%.

I have the ROM playing at 480p, the lowest. Im not concerned about the graphics of the game as long as it runs smooth so I can have a good experience.
Your video card is horrible and is the reason the game is not running as fast as it could.

Try the settings in the link below.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

TestingForCake

I have Dolphin set up on my desktop computer. My laptop is:

6 GB RAM
64 bit
Quad Core AMD A6-3420M APU, 1.5 GHz
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6520G

Would playing on my laptop be better?
(07-19-2012, 12:55 PM)TestingForCake Wrote: [ -> ]Would playing on my laptop be better?

Not unless you overclock the CPU. Your best bet might be to just get a decent video card for your Q8300 instead.

TestingForCake

You said the graphics card on my PC is garbage, so is my laptop better? If so should I not use my laptop?

blarg

Weak CPU vs. Weak graphics card. Getting a new graphics card for your PC is ideal, but if you can't playing on your PC will lead to better results as a good CPU is more important.
(07-19-2012, 02:02 PM)TestingForCake Wrote: [ -> ]You said the graphics card on my PC is garbage, so is my laptop better? If so should I not use my laptop?

I believe I answered your question. Overclock your laptop CPU or get a video card for your desktop. Your laptop CPU is not better than your desktop CPU unless you overclock (heavily). You're not going to get playable speeds at 1.5GHz on your laptop and you're not going to get playable speeds on your desktop without a decent video card. All of this is dependent on the game, neither are going to do well with the higher demanding games.

You're only able to use 1x-1.5x internal resolution with the HD6520G, so that's not a whole lot better. Does your laptop only have the 6520 or is there another GPU there too? Like I said, your best bet is to use your desktop with a good video card.