Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales Of Symphonia 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening.

I have some game and non game-specific problems as of this new latest upgrade (the onet hat fixes SM Galaxy and that zelda game's graphical errors)

Issue 1 : Affects most games : FMV errors.
Version A : FMVs do not play anything but sound, audio and music, picture is missing. Sound tends to stutter badly.
Version B : Picture included, playing as intended - however it tends to stutter and break far more.

This is present in intro movies, pre-recorded cutscene videos (Ala Resident Evil 4 PC style fms-cutscenes) and so forth.

Issue 2 : I have fine-tuned my Tales Of Symphonia, as the object of this post, to run at optimal speeds. No faster, no slower than when I need it. In the world map \ field area and in fights, there is a slight g raphical lag I can do nothing about, and the audio bug \ lag issue from the previous issue I mentioned is also there. Basically, frame-rate hitches\drops\irregularities.

Issue 3 : I am being repeatedly told my memory cards are missing, invalid, corrupted, need to be reformatted, invalid region...by basically EVERY SINGLE BLOODY GAME I LAUNCH. For the love of f***ing god, WHY does it do that ;_;...mind-bendingly annoying.

Issue 4 : I've not verified this one beyong Tales of Symphonia, but in that game atleast, - EVERY SINGLE LINE OF SPOKEN DIALOGUE - is f*cked up. It lags, stutters, breaks. It is a "clear" break, like when you go retarded with the mute button on your tv, and you hear little skipping noises. This includes dialogue in and out of fmvs, field, and especially in battle. TI's unbearable, especially with the sometimes missing fms, if you get this with bad sound, and YOU WILL, your disposition will be ruined. I mean, look, a blank screen with bad sounds. Nice story fmv .-d. lol

These issues are all present in Tales Of Symphonia on my current setup and current rev of the emulator, but, for example, Resident Evil : Zero also has the FMV error present. Picture is there, sound stutters horribly.
Gameplay is similarly buggy, the game feels like it's moving at 20-35% of its' correct speed, sometimes "jumping" for a few frames.

You guys have made truly astounding breakthroughs in graphical bugfixing and compatibility, which leaves me absolutely baffled and shocked that such a "simple" gamecube game - or in this case, games - would be so epically skewered.

My system specs :

Windows XP SP 2 Hungarian
AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 2.6GhZ\core
2G DDR 2 667 MhZ RAM
GeForce 8600 GT 128 MB

If there are fine-tuning solutions to fix the framerate issues atleast, I'd appreciate it, I've been meaning to reply ToS since I sold my gamecube :-\....cept not like this XD.
BUMP FROM PAGe 2