Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Default Lighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, so I was messing around with the emulator settings checking if I could make the gameplay more likeable and I screwed around with the lighting or something in the graphics area.

I also updated dolphin afterward and the lighting setting wasn't there, so I'm wondering if there's a way to return it to default or fix the problem.

Maybe i messed around with distance rendering?

Here's a picture of what I mean (playing Sonic Battle Adventure 2) and using dolphin 3.0-716 dirty

[Image: 50886556.png]
Post your Dolphin settings. Click the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs.
(07-16-2012, 12:02 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Post your Dolphin settings. Click the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs.

Here ya go Smile

[Image: graphicspz.png]
Hmm... I just tried your exact same settings with this game in OpenGL, and I couldn't recreate the problem on my system using 3.0-416. Have you tried using the other backends, Direct3D9 and OpenGL?

I tried using both OpenGL and direct9 but still have the problem
On an old git 687 this issue only appear with Fast Mipmaps OFF

With Fast Mipmaps ON fix that, but there is no more fast mipmaps and threre is more games with issues when Fast mipmaps is OFF Sad

I hope those issues with Fast Mipmap OFF get fixed before the dolphin 4.0, because there is many glitch on games when Fast mipmaps is OFF.

I really never used Fast mipmaps OFF on recent git 687, not even Metroid Prime 1 need mipmap off, since the snow is working Smile , in old rev the only way to make the snow appear is Load native mipmap ON, but like I said, before the Fast Mipmaps die, the snow was working with ON and OFF.
(07-16-2012, 01:40 PM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]On old gits this issue only appear with Fast Mipmaps OFF

Do you happen to recall which revisions? Like I said, I'm on 3.0-416, but I don't notice any differences with Fast Mipmaps on or off. My laptop, however, runs an older Dolphin revision (for some reason Dolphin doesn't say which, I compiled it myself last December), and setting Fast Mipmaps on tends to completely mess up SA2B to the point that it's very unplayable.

Do you think the setting with lighting or any mipmap config stayed after updating dolphin which is why it's giving me this issue? or what o_o?
Tried the latest build with your settings, and I think I encountered this issue somewhat.
Raise you IR to x4 and set your AF to x16. It should solve this issue. It did for me.
(07-16-2012, 02:07 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Do you happen to recall which revisions? Like I said, I'm on 3.0-416, but I don't notice any differences with Fast Mipmaps on or off. My laptop, however, runs an older Dolphin revision (for some reason Dolphin doesn't say which, I compiled it myself last December), and setting Fast Mipmaps on tends to completely mess up SA2B to the point that it's very unplayable.

I tried with GIT 687 on DX9 and DX11 with the same settings of @SORAKH2756 and I could recreate that problem.
(07-16-2012, 09:44 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the latest build with your settings, and I think I encountered this issue somewhat.
Raise you IR to x4 and set your AF to x16. It should solve this issue. It did for me.

Nice @Garteal, Smile only AF 16x solve the issue for me.

@SORAKH2756, like @Garteal said, try change your Anisotropic filtering to 16x.