Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: While playing it often Crashes or Screen keeps black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

User1

Hello.
I tried several Dolphin's (3.0 64bit, 3.0 720 64-bit & now 3.0 718 32-bit)
I play Zelda- Wind Waker. This rom should be unbrokenly. I often change the configures but never helped with the crashes and staying black screen. I had the problem that it suddenly crashes and I then I had to restart. Now, when I go to next room or after a film when the screen turns black it sometimes stays black.
The speed is also sometmes slower.
Sad
COuld it be that my COmputer is to low or do i have false configures?
How can I write my Settings?
Please help, what can I do.
It sounds like you need to use LLE audio. I think a lot of people get crashes in WW like the ones you describe, and using LLE audio seems to work for them. You'll need to dump the DSP files first from a Wii (or GC). Follow this guide, it'll show you how to dump them.

Alternatively, you could use the reversed iROM made by LM1234. It only works with a limited number of games (the ones that process Zelda uCodes on the DSP), and WW happens to be one of them. Use the iROM if you can't dump the real DSP files, but try to dump the real ones, since those can be used with any game that needs LLE audio.

User1

Thanks for answer
Btw I play WW for GC.
Ok but just confused why I need better audio, because my audio seems to work fine.
But anyway Ive have the DSP LLE files it includes dsp_doef.bin and dsp_rom.bin. Ive put it in User\Dump\DSP. right?
Then i changed in dolphin the dsp engine from DSP HLE Emulation (FAST) to DSP LLE Recompiler. Right?
Now I dont know what to do. First I doont have SD Card what to do with DSPSpy_wii_dump_roms.zip?
Quote:But anyway Ive downloaded the DSP LLE files

Sorry, but it's illegal to download the two DSP files cause they're copyrighted by Nintendo. If you have no Wii, you can use the reversed iROM which (unfortunately) only works in games which use the Zelda uCode.
Quote:Ive downloaded the DSP LLE files it includes dsp_doef.bin and dsp_rom.bin

You are not allowed to mention this on the forum

User1

Yeah I meaned these files from reversed iRom, I have it now.
I copied them to Dump/DSP.
I have DSPSpy_wii_dump_roms.dol too but how to run it? I have no SD Card so please help me
Do you have a Wii? If not, the DSPSpy_wii_dump_roms.dol is useless for you. This *.dol is a homebrew app which dumps the two files for you from your Wii.

YAY! 2.400 posts! Big Grin

User1

No I dont have a WiiSad
So does that mean I cant use LLe audio?
You can, but only with games which use Zelda uCode.

-> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23103 // Pls read the last part of this guide.