Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games are too slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I know there are probably so many questions like mine but I really can't play games fast. I've read FAQ but I couldn't find the answer, sorry. My problem is, games doesn't work really good on my laptop. Even SA2B work with 20fps on my laptop. While charging the battery, some games work fine but after that they're slow again. What do you guys think should I do?

My PC specs are:

Intel i5, Windows 7 64bit
6GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 520mx

Games I'm trying to play: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Colors, Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and Sonic Unleashed.

And my settings are:
Dual Core and Idle Skipping are enabled
Framelimit: Off
Cheats, Lock threads to cores and DSPLLE on Thread are disabled.

Is my PC bad for those games or are my settings wrong? I'm new to Dolphin so I can't understand well. And sorry for my mistakes but English is not my native language. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me.
What is your i5? Also I don't recommend using 2.0 :p
2450M. I have 3.0 too but it's somehow slower, maybe because of the settings I have, I don't know. :|
Your gpu is only good enough for 1x IR. What settings are you using?
Internal Resolution: 1x Native
Anti-Aliasing: None
Antisoptic Filtering: 1x
Scaled EFB Copy: Checked
Per-Pixel Lightning: Unchecked
Force Texture Filtering: Unchecked
3D Vision: Unchecked

did you try the settings for best speed?

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618
Btw Sonic games are really demanding. Don't expect too much with your laptop above all if you're using LLE Undecided
Download Realtemp and have it open while you play Sonic and tell us your temperatures.
My settings are the same with the topic. :/
It is a little bit faster with Realtemp, which makes Sonic and the Black Knight work fine. But Unleashed is still running around 20fps. :/
(07-14-2012, 07:23 AM)Eda Wrote: [ -> ]My settings are the same with the topic. :/
It is a little bit faster with Realtemp, which makes Sonic and the Black Knight work fine. But Unleashed is still running around 20fps. :/

You have to tell us what temperatures you got when you played, that's what RealTemp is for Big Grin

Are you really running with LLE audio? Click the DSP button in Dolphin. If you have it set to LLE recompiler or LLE interpreter, you should probably use HLE audio instead. I haven't played any Sonic games except SA2B on Dolphin, but HLE audio works perfectly for that game, and you'll definitely see an increase in speed if you switch.

Your computer shouldn't be running that slow, at least not for SA2B. I've run it on worse hardware (E2200 @ 2.20 GHz, crappy Intel G31/G33 Express) and I've consistently gotten around 40 FPS for this game. Even my laptop (T3400 @ 2.16GHz, GMA X3100) gets around 18~25 FPS.
Pages: 1 2