Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting my gamecube saves to my PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

Dolphin is really great, but there's one thing I'm wondering whether or not I can do. I still have my Gamecube memory cards and a GCN-compatible Wii (No Gamecube anymore). I'd really like it if I could get my Gamecube saves from memory cards to the PC for use in Dolphin but I'm not sure if that's possible or how to go about doing it. My Wii doesn't have any homebrew on it right now but if I need to do that then I'm willing if anyone can tell me how. Hopefully this is possible.
GCMM or Nugasa required

the latest gcmm mod12 is attached below

Some games are protected and will require bitswitching a value with a hex editor to enable it to work on dolphin. Twilight Princess is one such game.

Note, that these protected saves cannot be reimported back to the GC memory card at the present time, the data will appear corrupt in the Gamecube / Wii memory card management screens.
should also mention, some official memory cards, particularly the large ones may fail to be read by either nugasa or gcmm
Or you use ctr-gcs DacoTaco edition Wink

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Ctr-Gcs-DacoTaco-Edition
nice!, i'll try that some time.
This app is, in my opinion, even better than GCMM or Nugasa. Ctr-gcs DacoTaco edition supports genuine memory cards from Nintendo Wink

GCMM and Nugasa only support 3rd party Memory cards afaik.
hmm, actually i believe you are right, my 4wave or w/e card was the only one able to read in those other apps.
Okay, attempting to homebrew my Wii now. Not working so far. Thank you.
you're welcome Smile
Awesome I did it! Thanks guys. Although it turned out the save that I had that I really cared about (Resident Evil remake) was a save from the end of the game, which is kind of funny. I didn't think I ever beat the Gamecube version of RE. Anyway thanks!
Also, this is a longshot, but is there any way anybody knows of to fix a broken memory card? It seems like nobody does. I can't rip off of this other Gamecube memory card, it gives me an error -2. And when I look at it in the Wii memory management thing, it says "the device inserted into slot A cannot be used" or something like that. So I guess whatever was on there is a total loss...anyway thanks again, I did get a few saves off of the other one.
Pages: 1 2