Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii demanding game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hai.

I've encountered numerous problems running Mario Kart wii using the d3d9 backend, LLE on thread as well as setting EFB to ram. This is probably due to playing with 2+ players.
Just as a sidenote I've scanned the forums a bit. And seeing many people take SMG 2 as ''demanding'' that game is nothing compared to this as that game runs flawlessly on my system (with LLE) and EFB to ram (see profile).
The menus give me a 50FPS dip using EFB to ram, however using EFB to texture solves this problem. After that going in to game with 3 players, the FPS staggers to a 26 while the VPS stays at 50~. When turning EFB to texture using the HLE audio, the game locks at 30FPS and 60VPS. Is this meant to be? The game runs at full speed yes no sound stutter, but plays not as smooth as running single player which gives me 60fps along with 60vps.
Is this a game limitation? Or can i fix this someway or another.
more players one the screen = more CPU stress = less FPS.

I guess, this is normal. Your CPU is very powerful and is able to handle all games very well, but i'm not sure with multiplayer games.
(07-13-2012, 01:11 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]more players one the screen = more CPU stress = less FPS.
[Image: Captain+Obvious+STRIKES+AGAIN+_a1dcf29d4...b04dda.jpg]

Quote:I guess, this is normal. Your CPU is very powerful and is able to handle all games very well, but i'm not sure with multiplayer games.
Well is it normal for the game to stop at 30FPS in multiplayer mode? When turning the FPS limit off it speeds up the game as the FPS goes higher (40ish) well it looks like it's a game limitation however, would you know if there is a hack available that fires up the FPS and locks the VPS to 60?

Thanks for the fast reply tho and for trying to help.
Why do you need LLE and EFB to Ram for MKWii ???
Sure , the more player you add the more slow down you'll get
Try to avoid anything unnecessary like Anti-aliasing , Per-pixel lighting , LLE , EFB copy to Ram , EFB to CPU access...
Just use 4x Internal Resolution + 16x AF
(07-13-2012, 01:46 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you need LLE and EFB to Ram for MKWii ???
I don't know. Just for fun.
Quote:Sure , the more player you add the more slow down you'll get
Try to avoid anything unnecessary like Anti-aliasing , Per-pixel lighting , LLE , EFB copy to Ram , EFB to CPU access...
Just use 4x Internal Resolution + 16x AF
Obviously but the main issue here is the 30FPS/60FPS limitation in multiplayer runs.
It's normal and programmed this way.
Playing 2 players will still allow you to play at 60FPS. Any higher will drop to 30FPS.
Quote:however, would you know if there is a hack available that fires up the FPS and locks the VPS to 60?

Nope, there is no hack/patch/option etc. Like Garteal said, it's supposed to run @ 30FPS if you play with more than two players.
(07-13-2012, 02:30 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:however, would you know if there is a hack available that fires up the FPS and locks the VPS to 60?

Nope, there is no hack/patch/option etc. Like Garteal said, it's supposed to run @ 30FPS if you play with more than two players.

Thanks for confirming