Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Enabling GCN Microphone crashes Dolphin.exe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if there is any help for this, or if there is a way I can find and report error info that might be more helpful as well, but...

When enabling Slot B to Mic under Gamecube, and then after running MP7 the game tries to detect the presence of the Microphone shortly after loading whereby Dolphin.exe immediately crashes to desktop (I see no other error info). This occurred when testing both x64 versions 715 and 716. I have a Via built-in mic on this laptop. It works just fine in control panel and is the default audio input. I didn't notice anything in particular in regards to choosing or setting a microphone device in Dolphin itself. Other threads here in the forum suggest that people are able to use a microphone, with the recent build in MP7 and others, without any crashes.

Anyone have a suggestion for this issue?
Thanks in advance!
Have you set up the controls for the second Gamecube pad settings? The microphone button is configured there.
I enabled a second pad, then set the mic button on that to turn on with my main pad. I don't think that is necessarily the issue though, the dolphin.exe crashes as soon as the game polls the mic, not when I try to use it (it doesn't get that far). I can enable it after the game has loaded, then go into the MP7 options and turn on mic at that time, and it will immediately crash as well.
This works now due to a recent patch, thanks for bug fixes!