Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How wil my pc performe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BlackShadowzx

im asking if my pc will run GC games(of courese it will right)
and WII game at Good settings

games like SSBB
Pokemon rev

Specs
i53570k me can oced to 4.0
mb asus maximus V gene
GPU msi 560gtx-ti twin froze 2 oc
ram 8gb cosair vengence 1600mhz
Yes it will work just fine of course
You'll get (perhaps) some performance issues with Super Mario Galaxy (if LLE is enabled). A little overlock to 4.2 GHz and the activation of "Accurate VBeam Emulation" (right click on the game -> properties) will help you (in most cases) Wink

BlackShadowzx

wow great thx for your helps guys

i have another question if i by cds will it be easy to use it or is there something i should know and do some games require a will mote
At 4.2 GHz, it should play all that will play at fullspeed, but some games, such as one CoD game, and I think star wars rogue squadron only run bug-free in interpreter mode, which is much slower than normal JIT recompilation, so you can only play those few games if you were to LN2 cool your rig and OC it monumentally, which is both expensive, and somewhat dangerous to your personal safety (-80°C temperatures, enough nitrogen gas to suffocate you).
(07-10-2012, 11:45 PM)BlackShadowzx Wrote: [ -> ]wow great thx for your helps guys

i have another question if i by cds will it be easy to use it or is there something i should know and do some games require a will mote

You can't use the original game DVDs with Dolphin. You have to dump the games. -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=2900
And yes, most games need a wiimote if you want to play them properly. In addition to that, some games need a sensorbar for the pointer if you use a real wiimote.
Type-posted again.

Some games run best with a Wiimote, for example Wii-Play may be difficult with a keyboard. Also, dolphin can't boot original disks, so you'll have to make .iso images. If you can get hold of a real Wii (or get a friend with one to help) the best way to dump games is cleanrip. If you can't get a Wii, then you need to buy one of about 12 models of DVD-ROM drive, and use RawDump.
And type-posted again. This thread isn't going to well for me.
(07-10-2012, 10:58 PM)BlackShadowzx Wrote: [ -> ]im asking if my pc will run GC games(of courese it will right)
and WII game at Good settings

games like SSBB
Pokemon rev

By "Pokemon rev", do you mean Pokemon Battle Revolution? That game is actually quite demanding in Dolphin. Have a look at this thread. Cheer has a pretty powerful system, but some slowdowns occurred even on his hardware, though dipping down to 80% game speed is still highly playable in my book.

BlackShadowzx

so i may buy a wii mote and a sensor bar if there cheap and since i dont have any will friends then i might look and see if my DVD-rom can burn if i buy a cheap CD
and i just saw the thread about pokemon rev O_0 wow he must feel down but i think its hust the emulator will thx for the help i will update later
you're welcome.

We're always glad to help Wink