Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin runs slowly, but not at my house?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Swashbuckler

Alright, this is a weird problem. When I'm at my house, dolphin runs almost always at 100% on the two games I play a lot on it, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and Brawl. It's plugged into the wall and sitting on my desk. Whenever I go to a friends house and try to play it there, it slows down to between 50 and 75% speed. I can't figure out a reason why this would happen, it's always sitting on a desk when I try to play it, it's a brand new laptop. Could it be the fact that it's not plugged in and is running off of battery? Thats the only difference I could think of between the situations.

Any help to this strange situation would be greatly appreciated
(07-09-2012, 01:46 PM)Swashbuckler Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, this is a weird problem. When I'm at my house, dolphin runs almost always at 100% on the two games I play a lot on it, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and Brawl. It's plugged into the wall and sitting on my desk. Whenever I go to a friends house and try to play it there, it slows down to between 50 and 75% speed. I can't figure out a reason why this would happen, it's always sitting on a desk when I try to play it, it's a brand new laptop. Could it be the fact that it's not plugged in and is running off of battery? Thats the only difference I could think of between the situations.

Any help to this strange situation would be greatly appreciated

I think it's pretty obvious. When it's not plugged in, it's on power saving mode and doesn't use all resources to extend battery life.
Yeah, to be exact your problem is most likely a gpu bottleneck, most notebooks can only use their dedicated gpu when plugged in and fall back to the integrated on battery