Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Load last Loaded State?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

snorslax

I can't find an option to "load last loaded state", what I am looking for is exactly as it sounds.

I'm trying to learn how to speed run a game and this would make things much easier.

At the moment when ever I want to load a state repeatedly I have to first load it and then save over it so that I can use the "load last saved state" option.
If you're depending solely on savestates with the 3.0 revision (or any other), you're going to be sad to find out that savestates are not a reliable way to save and that the chances of one or more of those saves not loading, freezing the emulator and causing you to lose all of your game progress is a very real possibility. If anything, using the latest Git builds are a better way to go if you must use savestates.

snorslax

I'm just using savestates as a way to find the fastest route, it's ok if I lose data.

I'm just wondering if there's a way to configure a hotkey to load the last loaded state.
You can use the f-keys to save state and shift+ the corresponding f-key to load it, i dont think theres a hotkey for the previous savestate, you'll have to goto file-emulation for this