Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Setting up Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheEnigmist

Can you help me setting dolphin to play with my PC? I tried to play resident Evil but it plays faster then normal and the audio is
skipping and stuttering.
These are my settings:
[Image: 16087855.jpg]
Set the framelimit to auto, and that will limit the speed to what it would be on the real hardware.

TheEnigmist

(07-09-2012, 08:30 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Set the framelimit to auto, and that will limit the speed to what it would be on the real hardware.

Nice, it worked Smile
Now i have only a little problem with audio, it is little "metal"... i don't know if it is the original audio or is a dolphin problem, the speed is ok, but it is distorted
I'd suggest trying LLE audio, but you don't have enough CPU power to pull it off. The best way to see if the audio should be how it is would be to try playing the game on the real Nintendo hardware and comparing.

TheEnigmist

(07-09-2012, 09:11 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest trying LLE audio, but you don't have enough CPU power to pull it off. The best way to see if the audio should be how it is would be to try playing the game on the real Nintendo hardware and comparing.

OMG a Q6600 (quadcore) at 3,2 GHz doesn't have enough power? :O
Btw i've tested pikmin 2 and seems the audio is perfect there... i will try to find a gamecube to test it!
Quote:OMG a Q6600 (quadcore) at 3,2 GHz doesn't have enough power? :O

Yep. For LLE, an Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.4GHZ/i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz is recommended.
(07-09-2012, 07:07 PM)TheEnigmist Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2012, 09:11 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest trying LLE audio, but you don't have enough CPU power to pull it off. The best way to see if the audio should be how it is would be to try playing the game on the real Nintendo hardware and comparing.

Btw i've tested pikmin 2 and seems the audio is perfect there... i will try to find a gamecube to test it!

Even if your system could support LLE you have to know that EVEN with LLE the sound in RE won't be perfect. Better but not perfect.
Sound perfect in Pikmin 2? yeah maybe. For some games the sound works fine and for some other ones it doesn't. In RE series for example you'll get sound issues whatever you'll be trying (including LLE)
(07-09-2012, 07:09 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:OMG a Q6600 (quadcore) at 3,2 GHz doesn't have enough power? :O

Yep. For LLE, an Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.4GHZ/i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz is recommended.

I'd say, yeah, definitely if you want the best experience possible with every game, go for those CPUs DefenderX mentioned (plus get a mobo that supports overclocking them properly). But if you just want to play the games, not necessarily at fullspeed, with LLE audio, you can always use the VBeam trick. It probably won't give you better frame rates, but it should do something about the stuttering audio LLE produces if a game can't be emulated at fullspeed. It's a good way to get the benefits of LLE audio without the highest end hardware. Like I said, it's just not likely to play at fullspeed, so you trade off good audio for slower video.

TheEnigmist

(07-09-2012, 08:55 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2012, 07:07 PM)TheEnigmist Wrote: [ -> ]

Even if your system could support LLE you have to know that EVEN with LLE the sound in RE won't be perfect. Better but not perfect.
Sound perfect in Pikmin 2? yeah maybe. For some games the sound works fine and for some other ones it doesn't. In RE series for example you'll get sound issues whatever you'll be trying (including LLE)

Ok Sad The audio is well synced but is only a little distorted, i will play like this, nevermind Smile thx for helping