Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I run Gamecube and Wii games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Look at my profile for specs. I don't know how to check the revisions, that would be the only piece of information that would be missing. Here's what I want to play:
  • Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash
  • F Zero GX
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Mario Kart Wii (tried this one, it was really slow.)

I want to play all of them at 60 fps, with little to no slowdown times. Will I be able to?
(07-09-2012, 06:41 AM)shiftryistheman Wrote: [ -> ]I want to play all of them at 60 fps, with little to no slowdown times. Will I be able to?

Nope, Intel Pentium is too weak. You won't reach 60 FPS.
Aww, that's too bad. Thank you anyways.
Ok, so I listed my specs and the games I want to play. What are some recommendations of some laptops (or PCs, if they're cheaper) that I can buy so that I can play these games? I've also heard that I can just order some parts and put a PC together, if I can, are there some guides / recommendations that I could turn to? Looking for some under 1000. Doing some research on my own, I've found this site too, but I'm not sure which one I could buy.
Yes, there is a very good guide in our forum, but i couldn't find it Sad You have to search on your own i guess.

Hint: If you want a real Dolphin machine, get an Core i5-3570k (overlock it to 4.2GHz) and a GTX 550 Ti or Radeon HD 68XX Wink
(07-12-2012, 02:34 AM)shiftryistheman Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I listed my specs and the games I want to play. What are some recommendations of some laptops (or PCs, if they're cheaper) that I can buy so that I can play these games? I've also heard that I can just order some parts and put a PC together, if I can, are there some guides / recommendations that I could turn to? Looking for some under 1000. Doing some research on my own, I've found this site too, but I'm not sure which one I could buy.

Base on the list of the games you want to play . i7 3610QM (Gaming Laptop) should be fine , except for F-Zero which is a demanding game .
Nvidia GT 630M -> 720p+
Nvidia GT 650M -> 1080p+
If you want to max out most games then get a real desktop like @DefenderX said . Gaming Laptops are pretty expensive , you can get the beast pc + watercooling for the cheaper price
Besides , laptop is no good for multi-player (2 or more real people) . The more player you add the more speed will drop .
I've found this desktop that has everything that Defender had specified, and from the looks of it, I can choose from Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 and AMD Radeon HD 6870 - 1GB. As long as the game runs smoothly at 60 fps, I don't really mind passing up the chance to play in 720p or 1080p. I'd stick with what Defender gave me, since it saves me a little money.

Troubling thing is, I can't tell if the hard drive comes with a monitor or not, and it's kind of urgent that I know if one will come with the hard drive for free or not. If not, can I just get any old monitor, plug it into the hard drive, and play Dolphin well?
Or you could just build it yourself, and get the things you need and carry over the old monitor and HDD. It could save you alot of cash.
Don't worry, the GTX 550 Ti is enough to handle playing Dolphin at 3x and 4x Internal Resolution (IR) both of which are higher than either 720p or 1080p. You can also add some AA as well, depending on the game, and you can set AF to the max. As long as you have sane settings, you won't have to sacrifice HD gaming at fullspeed.

Don't understand what you mean by plugging in a monitor to a harddrive. You plug them into specific ports on your motherboard. At any rate, you should be able to use any monitor with standard ports. You might need an adapter (I have one for VGA to DVI or something) but my computer came with one when it was shipped. You can probably email them and ask about it if you're unsure.

(07-12-2012, 10:26 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could just build it yourself, and get the things you need and carry over the old monitor and HDD. It could save you alot of cash.

I have considered that, though I had a slight problem with it. I couldn't find the guide that Defender had mentioned in his post. I found this with a quick Google search, but it doesn't have the video card and graphics card that Defender, and the production of it saves me a mere thirty dollars, from 1029.

(07-12-2012, 10:33 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry, the GTX 550 Ti is enough to handle playing Dolphin at 3x and 4x Internal Resolution (IR) both of which are higher than either 720p or 1080p. You can also add some AA as well, depending on the game, and you can set AF to the max. As long as you have sane settings, you won't have to sacrifice HD gaming at fullspeed.

Don't understand what you mean by plugging in a monitor to a harddrive. You plug them into specific ports on your motherboard. At any rate, you should be able to use any monitor with standard ports. You might need an adapter (I have one for VGA to DVI or something) but my computer came with one when it was shipped. You can probably email them and ask about it if you're unsure.

Haha, I never thought about asking them if they had a monitor. Also, thanks for telling me that I didn't need to sacrifice HD for full speed, I would have bought something rash otherwise.
Pages: 1 2 3