Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: which video card I especially recommend to emulate it amd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello to you all wanted to thank everyone who help me in this beautiful metaphor a huge thank you to them susede what is good I'm dedicating to build a PC to emulate dolphin and prosesador that I have the boy to buy that is already i53570k Smile and the ram that is 8 GB GDDR3 my only problem is the video card I have haora a amd 5450 radeon hd 1 gb ddr3 really not used to emulate my office or for games is that video card would you recommend to emulate dolphin? pensava I go for a 7770 edition ghz but I told you not to go an 7000 series with dolphin which I truly recommend that Lusca with dolphin thanks

ok then go for a 6870 Smile how good performance has dolphin especially any xfx saphirre msi?
Go for 6870
(07-08-2012, 07:38 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Go for 6870

^ This (© by ED2) Big Grin
(07-08-2012, 07:47 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2012, 07:38 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Go for 6870

^ This (© by ED2) Big Grin

Moreover I plan to build 3570 (or 3770) + 6870 soon Big Grin
Nvidia GTX 560.

I'd say avoid AMD from my personal experiences. If you plan on going for a 6870, go xfx or sapphire or msi. XFX includes double lifetime warranty(meaning if you plan on giving your card away the new user will still have a lifetime warranty). Which is a big plus. MSI and Sapphire are both very respectable brands for AMD cards and are well known for their accessories, they always include some adapters a few molex > 6 pin which is an awesome bonus as these are usually round the 5$ each. You decide.
XFX no longer give that warranty, although I think my HD6950 came with a 60 month warranty (5 years) which is longer than anything else I've seen, and why I'm against changing the BIOS to make it an HD6970 until I really need the extra stream processors to be unlocked.
460 560 560ti 6850 6870 6950 6670 6770 7770
Except 7770 has unexpectedly low performance in dolphin, as do all HD7xxx series cards.
(07-09-2012, 11:26 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Except 7770 has unexpectedly low performance in dolphin, as do all HD7xxx series cards.

I don't think we actually know that. We've seen 2-3 people with issues, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of the HD7xxx series of cards have issues. A lot of people just don't know what they're doing sometimes, lets wait for a few more reports before we give those cards a bad name. I think it might be a bit premature at this point.

I agree. What we need is another GPU benchmark to attract some attention from users. We're getting performance information on recent cpus and gpus way too slowly.