Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I Run These Two Games On My Pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Darrin79

I am new to this dolphin emulator and I was just wondering if my current pc setup could run xenoblade and zelda skyward sword. I have tried mario galaxy 1 and it runs fine but not sure of those other two would run because they are bigger games.

Here are my PC Specs
Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
8 Gigs of Ram
GeForceGT 525M Graphic Card (I think it is 1 gig of video memory)
Xenoblade and Skyward Sword should be playable. But in more demanding areas, you'll have some FPS drops.
Zelda SS will be playable but Xenoblade is much more demanding. You'll need to overclock. SMG is a demanding game too what performance do you get?

Darrin79

50-60 fps mostly in mario sometimes it will dip to the 40's
I assume you don't use LLE? It's a good performance without overclocking. With Xenoblade or if you plan to play The Last Story for example it will be needed
From the presence of mobile parts, I'd say it's a laptop, and so not an Overclocker.
If it is @AnyOldName is right you won't be able to overclock. 20 fps max in Xenoblade. Not much more in TLS
Although 20/25 FPS (assuming PAL version) for Xenoblade should be playable.
Playable of course but not full-speed. And 20 fps in Xenoblade is not fully playable Big Grin
Really? Most games are playable at 80% speed (48 FPS in a standard 60FPS game). Before I had a decent GPU, I used to play MarioKart at 28FPS just to get 1080p.
Pages: 1 2