Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: F**K MY LIFE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
> Play metroid prime
> Last boss
> Fail for like 10 times
> last try, beat it
> final cutscene

[Image: 4ff71caa28b05.jpg]

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

That's all for today folks ._.
That is some seriously bad luck.Undecided
Have you tried not having 10,000 other things running while you're playing?
With all that shit running at once, no wonder the damn thing crashed.

poply

(07-07-2012, 04:16 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried not having 10,000 other things running while you're playing?

No way man, he definitely needs Visual basic and MSPaint! Who knows when you might need to draw the credits or write code for an awesome idea.

In all seriousness, would that have an effect on Dolphin's stability? Unless any of the programs affect other programs I don't see it doing anything besides slowing it down.
Why the hell should I close stuff when I have more than enough RAM and CPU power for it? C'mon, this isn't 1998 when every program and their dogs leaked memory.
(07-07-2012, 06:11 AM)oerg866 Wrote: [ -> ]Why the hell should I close stuff when I have more than enough RAM and CPU power for it? C'mon, this isn't 1998 when every program and their dogs leaked memory.

Becuase that's a quad core and not a hexa core?
Even on my i5, I rarely play dolphin with anything other than firefox open.
Little things add up.
OK, it's a quad core (probably one of the best quadcores on the market I guess..). With hyper threading and 2 threads per core that adds up to 16 threads. So... what exactly is your problem? The thread's purpose was to just go "bad luck, fuck" in the first place =P

And yes, I get 60fps constantly, regardless of how much shit I have open =P with dolphin closed that array of apps running took about 25% of my RAM and ~3% CPU on average... (i don't have the swapfile enabled either so double bonus)
(07-07-2012, 06:16 AM)oerg866 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, it's a quad core (probably one of the best quadcores on the market I guess..). With hyper threading and 2 threads per core that adds up to 16 threads. So... what exactly is your problem? The thread's purpose was to just go "bad luck, fuck" in the first place =P

And yes, I get 60fps constantly, regardless of how much shit I have open =P with dolphin closed that array of apps running took about 25% of my RAM and ~3% CPU on average... (i don't have the swapfile enabled either so double bonus)

That would actually be 8 threads.
And yes, that is indeed one of the better quad cores on the market,
slightly surpassing the performance of an Ivy Bridge i7. (I think.)

Do you have any idea why it would be crashing, then?
Why do you need all of those things open, OOC? (Out of Curiosity?)
Well, it is 8 threads in reality, but every software sees 16 threads because of that shenanigans (including dolphin)

It's no special reason or anything, I'm just lazy and never close stuff immediately, usually wait a few days. I think I got the uptime record on VB6 XD

Anyway, it probably just crashed because some odd timing issue appeared or something. I played without sound (because I listen to this all day: www.italo.nu), too, and no frame limit and VSYNC on. that generates a few timing issues, but that way the framerate never ever drops below 60, which is cool.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7