Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Missing component to open Dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've downloaded the emulator, WinRAR, DiectX, and Visual C++ but When I try to open Dolphin after extracting it I get a window that says "This program can't start because it's missing SDL.dll. Try reinstalling it". I have reinstalled it 3 times but I keep getting the same thing. Can someone please help?
Make sure you're actually extracting the files from the archive and not simply opening the archive and double clicking on Dolphin. The SDL.dll should be in the same directory as Dolphin.exe. If your archive doesn't have the file at all, then something's up with the source you got it from. That shouldn't be an issue with the official builds available from the main site.
[quote='Shonumi' pid='223991' dateline='1341543601']
Make sure you're actually extracting the files from the archive and not simply opening the archive and double clicking on Dolphin. The SDL.dll should be in the same directory as Dolphin.exe. If your archive doesn't have the file at all, then something's up with the source you got it from. That shouldn't be an issue with the official builds available from the main site.
[/quo

Got i, thanks. Now When I try to open RE2 with Dolphin I get a black empty window. On the top right it says "clearing code cache" for a bit, then on the top it starts telling me the FPS and speed like if it was running the ISO. I can hear the game sometimes but the window is blank.
1- Your iso might be bad. Try to redump
2- Your system is too weak for Dolphin
I don't know if it's the isos. I downloaded maybe 3 and they all do the same thing. How do I redump? Sorry I'm fairly new to this.
My PC has ran psxce before so I'm not sure if my system is the problem.
Downloading games is against the forum rules.

Closed.