Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MacBook Pro Late 2011 - Bootcamp settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everyone,

I don't really know what have happened but suddenly my laptop became slow on emulating games. Since I played around with settings after issuing a low dps on Zelda skyward sword at the volcano part. Emulating game became horrible, low dps lag etc...
My configuration is :

Operating System: OS X Lion 10.7.4 & BootCamp Windows 7
Processor/CPU: Quad-Core 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Video Card/GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
Memory/RAM: 8GB

Do you know what should I do ? Isn't there a way I can play again as it was before ?

Thanks Angel
We aren't magicians. Give us your settings.
What's that model of that i7?

Quote:When creating new threads about dolphin, always provide a) your PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System, ..) b) information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, ..) c) Dolphin settings d) detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.

I'm going to assume you use the build in your profile since you haven't specified any in this thread.
btw: The old Macbook Pros have problems with CPU throttling and overheating.

Maybe this is the problem: The thermal compound is dead and your CPU will overheat even more -> CPU throttles itself. In combination with false settings, the games run bad Wink
(07-06-2012, 03:33 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]We aren't magicians. Give us your settings.
What's that model of that i7?

I'm going to assume you use the build in your profile since you haven't specified any in this thread.

Sorry I knew that there was something missing but I didn't know what ... So I am basically using the latest version from dolphin [x64-v3.0-716]
My settings in graphic are 2.5x and 16x and my full screen resolution is 1680x1050 . Concerning my processor it's an intel core i7-2860QM CPU 8x2.50GHz

(07-06-2012, 03:40 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]btw: The old Macbook Pros have problems with CPU throttling and overheating.

Maybe this is the problem: The thermal compound is dead and your CPU will overheat even more -> CPU throttles itself. In combination with false settings, the games run bad Wink

I heard about this, but my MacBook Pro is far from being old even though it's 2011 ( late) I bought it with the Highest config you can have etc. I guess my computer can handle it.
Apple designs its products to be out of date very quickly so that you'll buy a new one fairly soon. Macs are relatively weak compared to other options at the same price point. 2.5GHz isn't especially fast for dolphin, so slowdowns are expected.
(07-06-2012, 07:14 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Apple designs its products to be out of date very quickly so that you'll buy a new one fairly soon. Macs are relatively weak compared to other options at the same price point. 2.5GHz isn't especially fast for dolphin, so slowdowns are expected.

Yes I definitely agree on this, and this how business is, however if I bought a mac it's because it's more convenient for my Job. I know also that it's far from being the best for playing games. But I wanted to give it a try with Dolphin so have even installed Windows 7. After being helped to adjust the settings of the Dolphin on the forum, playing game with dolphin use to be amazing no Lag IR of 2.5x sometimes 3x depending on the game. and Always Anisotropic Filtering to 16x.
But since I reached this part of Zelda Skyward sword. I had a lower FPS 25-27, I have played around with settings and it use to be fine, but i'm a maniac of high graphic so I thought that updating my drivers or playing around with the AMD Catalyst would help dolphin. But it didn't helped at all.

TS: Have you monitored your temps? If so, what are they?
(07-06-2012, 08:44 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]TS: Have you monitored your temps? If so, what are they?

When Dolphin is running with Skyward Sword, the monitored temperature does't go above 87 - 90 Degres Farenheit.
Interesting, what is your core speed at then?
87 - 90 Degres Farenheit ? Too good to be true
Are you sure it was not celcius
You can't get that temp even if you're on a desktop
Try Realtemp
Pages: 1 2 3