Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why am I getting so much lag?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In Time Splitters 2, whenever I go into an open area my fps decreases from 60 to 20.... I think my computer should be able to run this
My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 CPU 3.10 GHz
(07-05-2012, 07:31 AM)xsopaku Wrote: [ -> ]In Time Splitters 2, whenever I go into an open area my fps decreases from 60 to 20.... I think my computer should be able to run this

What are your Dolphin settings? Additionally, if you're really using Dolphin 2.0, it's recommended that you at least upgrade to 3.0. TimeSplitters 2 is a super light GC game, it doesn't take much to run it. I've played on worse hardware (yours is more than alright for this game, btw) and my drops in open areas weren't nearly as that bad, somewhere between 35~45 FPS.
(07-05-2012, 07:46 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2012, 07:31 AM)xsopaku Wrote: [ -> ]In Time Splitters 2, whenever I go into an open area my fps decreases from 60 to 20.... I think my computer should be able to run this

What are your Dolphin settings? Additionally, if you're really using Dolphin 2.0, it's recommended that you at least upgrade to 3.0. TimeSplitters 2 is a super light GC game, it doesn't take much to run it. I've played on worse hardware (yours is more than alright for this game, btw) and my drops in open areas weren't nearly as that bad, somewhere between 35~45 FPS.

I am using dolphin 3.0 and my settings are exactly the same as the fast settings thread. Thanks for the quick reply Big Grin
That's strange, your computer should be doing pretty well with this game. What levels are you playing (single player/multiplayer). Also, and you adding any bots to the matches? I'm going to test TS 2 later on my laptop just to make sure your hardware's good.
(07-05-2012, 09:25 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]That's strange, your computer should be doing pretty well with this game. What levels are you playing (single player/multiplayer). Also, and you adding any bots to the matches? I'm going to test TS 2 later on my laptop just to make sure your hardware's good.
Well on the ice level in the arcade it lags, but on mexican mission it doesn't. And in story mode on the first mission, it lags pretty much half the time. I always use bots in arcade. And Im having no issues with games like skyrim or mw3 so i don't see why my TS 2 lags for me.... Sad

PC game does not relate to emulation
PC game : run game directly -> Does not need much CPU power
Emulation : emulate the hardware , run game indirectly -> Use 100% CPU power
(07-05-2012, 11:07 AM)xsopaku Wrote: [ -> ]Well on the ice level in the arcade it lags, but on mexican mission it doesn't. And in story mode on the first mission, it lags pretty much half the time. I always use bots in arcade. And Im having no issues with games like skyrim or mw3 so i don't see why my TS 2 lags for me.... Sad

Like admin89 said, Dolphin is not a PC game; they're two different kinds of programs that utilize hardware in different ways. Check the FAQ neobrain made for this forum (it's stickied), as this has been explained countless times why the two are not comparable.

Anyway, just tested on my laptop (T3400 @ 2.16GHz, GMA X3100). The first level dips around 30 FPS, Ice Station in Arcade does the same. I never got as low as 20 FPS, though. Your hardware's better in all respects to my laptop. Some minor might be expected, but nothing like you're getting. Would you mind posting your settings anyway, just to confirm that everything's correct?
Ok, here they are
General
Basic Settings
Enable Dual Core = checked
Enable Idle Skipping = checked
Enable Cheats = unchecked
Framelimit = Auto

Advanced Settings
JIT Recompiler
(nothing else checked)

Audio
DSP HLE
Enable DTK Music = checked
DSP LLE = unchecked
Enable Audio Throttle = checked
Dump Audio = unchecked

Backened Settings
XAudio2
48000 Hz
GFX ?
(07-06-2012, 01:38 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]GFX ?

Oh yeah, sorry...
Graphics

Basic
Backend = Direct3D9
Adapter = ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

I dont use fullscreen
Aspect Ratio = Auto
nothing else checked

Enhancements

Internal Resolution = Auto(Multiple of 620x548)
no anti aliasing or anisotropic filtering
only thing checked is Scaled EFB copy

Hacks

EFB Copies = Texture
External Frame Buffer = Disable

And everything i have checked is Ignore Format Changes, Fast Mipmaps, and Disable Per-Pixel Depth.

I have nothing checked in Advanced.
Pages: 1 2